Toby Gerhardt for Heisman

cawacko

Dude, that kid is legit. He better be invited to New York for the ceremony and he would win if he didn't play on the West Coast.

Ingram went down in flames yesterday and now it looks like Colt 'I run up my stats against a bunch of nobodies' McCoy will probably win it.

Dude, that kid is legit. He better be invited to New York for the ceremony and he would win if he didn't play on the West Coast.

Ingram went down in flames yesterday and now it looks like Colt 'I run up my stats against a bunch of nobodies' McCoy will probably win it.
It's Colts to lose. Texas beats Nebraska he'll get the Heisman. Tebow just hasn't put up the numbers and Ingrahm didn't come through against Auburn. Problem for Gerhart is his team isn't all that great. Hard for a player to win the Heisman when their team is only the third or fourth best team in the conference.

Colt 100%, he iced it with a buck 80 rushing and what 300+ passing.
No He didn't. If he loses to Nebraska and Houston beats East Carolina then Keenum should win it. Though keep in mind, there's no greater group of blithering morons then sports writers and they seem bound and determined to give the award to Tebow. If Texas beats Nebraska then Colt McCoy should win it and rightfully so. If Toby Gerhart's team was Pac 10 champs he'd walk away with it. Ingrahm still has an outside chance if he carries Bama on his shoulders to beat Florida.

It used to be the Heisman went to the player who contributed the most to his teams success. By that standard Gerhart walks away with it. But that's a thing of the past. Now it goes to the so called "Best player in the nation."

Again, I'm so damned cyincal about what complete asinine morons sports writers are (and they are the predominant voters) that I fully expect Tebow to get his second Heisman. Nothing agasint Tebow but his numbers just aren't close to his 2007 numbers.

My personal favorite to win it would be Gerhart. He reminds me a lot of John Riggins.

Last edited:
Back