Top 12 things the French do better than the British.

That's quite the list. Loved the "la snobbery" one as that has been my experience with the few French folks I have met. Out of all of them only one, a lady I have known for over 30 years now does not fit the "la snobbery" mold. Even after all of that I will not judge the entire nation of people based on the 25 or so I have interacted with. All this being said, I would love to visit England some day but have no desire to go to France.

That's quite the list. Loved the "la snobbery" one as that has been my experience with the few French folks I have met. Out of all of them only one, a lady I have known for over 30 years now does not fit the "la snobbery" mold. Even after all of that I will not judge the entire nation of people based on the 25 or so I have interacted with. All this being said, I would love to visit England some day but have no desire to go to France.
I'm the other way around. I'd rather visit France but that's probably because food, wine and sex rate very high in my book! LOL

My experience with the French has been no different than any other foreign nationals. The higher up the socio-economic ladder they are, the bigger the snobs they tend to be and if you make an honest effort to appreciate their culture you'll be met with some very positive and friendly responses.

For example. I used to have some neighbors who had immigrated to the US from Iraq. They were very stand offish but once when I met them at a community event I expressed an interest to learn more about their country, language, religion and food. I was promplty offered an invitation to their home for dinner and had a very enjoyable experience.

The reason that the French irritate Americans and British is because they are deluded into thinking they are the greatest people on the planet when we know good and damned well that we are!

The point being that Nationalist of any stripe are morons, including American exceptionalist.

I'm reminded of an old joke.

What is heaven in Europe?

Heaven in Europe is a French Chef, A British Bobby and a German Engineer.

What is hell in Europe?

Hell in Europe is a British Chef, A German Policeman and a French Engineer.

Last edited:
I'm the other way around. I'd rather visit France but that's probably because food, wine and sex rate very high in my book! LOL

My experience with the French has been no different than any other foreign nationals. The higher up the socio-economic ladder they are, the bigger the snobs they tend to be and if you make an honest effort to appreciate their culture you'll be met with some very positive and friendly responses.

For example. I used to have some neighbors who had immigrated to the US from Iraq. They were very stand offish but once when I met them at a community event I expressed an interest to learn more about their country, language, religion and food. I was promplty offered an invitation to their home for dinner and had a very enjoyable experience.

The reason that the French irritate Americans and British is because they are deluded into thinking they are the greatest people on the planet when we know good and damned well that we are!

The point being that Nationalist of any stripe are morons, including American exceptionalist.

I'm reminded of an old joke.

What is heaven in Europe?

Heaven in Europe is a French Chef, A British Bobby and a German Engineer.

What is hell in Europe?

Hell in Europe is a British Chef, A German Policeman and a French Engineer.

Some French food is good, some like their beef is dire. Thjeir cheese is bland mostly with one or two exceptions. Their wine is good but the same is now available from Oz

but

but

their women (of a certain age) are beautifully kept, slim, stylish and move like a dream. This could be because the French motor car is such crap, the designs so naff, that a man spends all his money and time on his woman.

Some French food is good, some like their beef is dire. Thjeir cheese is bland mostly with one or two exceptions. Their wine is good but the same is now available from Oz

but

but

their women (of a certain age) are beautifully kept, slim, stylish and move like a dream. This could be because the French motor car is such crap, the designs so naff, that a man spends all his money and time on his woman.

A few years ago I took my sons to France and I remember that we went for something to eat next to Rouen cathedral. They couldn't believe how stylish young French women were compared to British women who all seemed to dress as if they were going out to ply for trade on the street corner.

A few years ago I took my sons to France and I remember that we went for something to eat next to Rouen cathedral. They couldn't believe how stylish young French women were compared to British women who all seemed to dress as if they were going out to ply for trade on the street corner.

You about have to point a gun at most US women to get them to wear anything but blue jeans.

Fine place rouen. Spent a few days in hospital there and fell madly in love with a novice nun. Ahhhh me.But there cant be much bad with a place that has almost no McDogs and none of the women on the 'prom' at Juan les Pins wear trainers... oh and the most gorgeous croissants on a Sunday morning served by a grey haired (no blue rinse) goddess. with a glint in her eye

Back