Top Gear

My favorite was the rugby episode. I also liked when they attempted to drive through Rome, and some of their cross-country excursions through Africa.

That is a Reliant Robin, I drove one once for a bet, seriously scary in a crosswind!!
Yea...run over a harvest beetle in a cross wind and that could be it for you. LOL

I love them. I had never heard of them before I ran across this video on youtube. "Yes...I know Grind...you saw this years ago.". They should have a major racing circuit for these....but who'd be crazy enough to drive one of these outside of the north of England or the Southern USA?

I hate to tell you this but that Robin was made deliberately unstable for TV. They did this by fitting a 10 inch wheel on one side and a 12 inch on the other.

I hate to tell you this but that Robin was made deliberately unstable for TV. They did this by fitting a 10 inch wheel on one side and a 12 inch on the other.
I hear you but it doesn't take a Purdue engineer grad to understand that this is not a good engineering design.

The whole point of them was you could drive it on a motorbike licence and the car tax was the same as a bike.

Which still would have worked with my modifications... It wouldn't be nearly as much fun trying to drift a turn but...

Which still would have worked with my modifications... It wouldn't be nearly as much fun trying to drift a turn but...
I was driving through a roundabout in my Mazda the other day and I turned into it aggressively and the back end started coming around. So I accelerated and counter steered (drifting) through the round about and it put a huge smile on my face. What a blast. The car handled it magnificently. Unfortunately the misses was in the passenger seat and you could have heard her scream in Cincinnati. Put a damper on the whole experience, I tell you.

What's interesting is that I learned how to counter steer on my bicycle bombing down big hills and mountains. If you get into mountain biking it's one of the first techniques you need to learn.

Last edited:
I was driving through a roundabout in my Mazda the other day and I turned into it aggressively and the back end started coming around. So I accelerated and counter steered (drifting) through the round about and it put a huge smile on my face. What a blast. The car handled it magnificently. Unfortunately the misses was in the passenger seat and you could have heard her scream in Cincinnati. Put a damper on the whole experience, I tell you.

Cool. I bet she had some butt puckering going on there... LOL

Mott, you also need to check out the guys trip to Bolivia to drive the "Road of Death"!
No thank you! I've seen several programs about the Bolivian road to death. You couldn't get me to ride on that at the point of a gun. No freaken way. Maybe when I was younger but the older I get the worse I am about heights.

Back