Top Shot

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
W

WinterBorn

If you haven't seen this show, its a marksmanship competition using any sort of weapons you can imagine from tomahawks and Sharps rifles to raceguns and Barrett 50 cals.

The competitors were champions of all sorts of shooting sports, military members (including snipers) and just some people who love to shoot.

The winner ended up being a good ol' boy. He wasn't an ISPC Champ, an NRA Champ or an Olympic medalist. He was a Hunter/Outdoorsman.

Gotta love it!

I hate that show. It's like any other 'reality' TV show, except with a bit of marksmanship. I watched the first episode of the first season, and when guys couldn't hit a 100 yard target with a Mosin... I just turned it off. I can do that literally all day long.

If you haven't seen this show, its a marksmanship competition using any sort of weapons you can imagine from tomahawks and Sharps rifles to raceguns and Barrett 50 cals.

The competitors were champions of all sorts of shooting sports, military members (including snipers) and just some people who love to shoot.

The winner ended up being a good ol' boy. He wasn't an ISPC Champ, an NRA Champ or an Olympic medalist. He was a Hunter/Outdoorsman.

Gotta love it!

Look at me, look at me, look at me, I'm famous.
I am the winner in the killing people and animals competition. Gimme a medal. Say you love me. I can shoot a gun. Oh, wow, am I fantastic or what? Gimme a gun and I'll kill anyone: Deer, Blacks, Democrats, children. Yee hahhhhh

I hate that show. It's like any other 'reality' TV show, except with a bit of marksmanship. I watched the first episode of the first season, and when guys couldn't hit a 100 yard target with a Mosin... I just turned it off. I can do that literally all day long.

I haven't seen most of the episodes until last night. I like any show with that many, and that varied, firearms and that much shooting competition. You should give send them a tryout video. I didn't see the Mosin event. But I did see some dumbass who was surprised by the ultra light pull on a double set trigger. Duh, thats what its supposed to do. Anytime I can watch people shoot a competition with a Sharps, a Ruger 10/22, and a 1911, I am entertained.

I suppose, I've never watched after that. I know some of the competitions are way outta my league, like archery. Plus I can't bring my own guns. Bad mojo shooting borrowed stuff.

I suppose, I've never watched after that. I know some of the competitions are way outta my league, like archery. Plus I can't bring my own guns. Bad mojo shooting borrowed stuff.

That is why I think some of them have missed what should be easy shots. Strange guns in strange situations does not help marksmanship.

Yeah, doesn't lend my previous argument much credibility does it? I guess I just expected a little more from world class shooters.

Yeah, doesn't lend my previous argument much credibility does it? I guess I just expected a little more from world class shooters.

Thats why I liked it. A good ol' boy who hunts and shoots beat the "world class" shooters. But most of the world class shooters were out of their element.

Back