Toppy, Chap

Just bought a thousand shares of citigroup.

Analyze.

1) You are a dumbass for asking toppy about a stock that is outside of energy or tech...

2) From a technical trading perspective, it is a good buy provided you have a stop on the stock around $1.75. Do not ride it down any further than that. Certainly a risky play that brings high return potential along with the high degree of risk. Chart is currently in your favor, but need to watch it closely to avoid a breakdown. Keep in mind, that one piece of bad news could pants you pretty quickly with this one. Or you could end up with a quick double. Pick up the dice and let em roll.

3) From a fundamental trading perspective, still way too many negatives on the sector as a whole and on Citi indivdiually to be buying this stock.

1) You are a dumbass for asking toppy about a stock that is outside of energy or tech...

2) From a technical trading perspective, it is a good buy provided you have a stop on the stock around $1.75. Do not ride it down any further than that. Certainly a risky play that brings high return potential along with the high degree of risk. Chart is currently in your favor, but need to watch it closely to avoid a breakdown. Keep in mind, that one piece of bad news could pants you pretty quickly with this one. Or you could end up with a quick double. Pick up the dice and let em roll.

3) From a fundamental trading perspective, still way too many negatives on the sector as a whole and on Citi indivdiually to be buying this stock.

Cool. Here's what I'm thinking.

If I can make a quick $1000 or 2, i'll get out, but if its hovering around and grades up I can give it a year or two and see if it climbs back up to $10-15.

Keep in mind, I know nothing about this shit, I'm a gambler, degenerate style, and this gets me rooting for a team. Even if I lose, the action is exciting.

What would you do if you just bought 1,000 shares, how would you think about it?

Now we need to figure in 'degree of possible fascistification' when pricing stocks.

The market is now based on totalitarianism and which sectors and corporations the government decides to handicap.

Please don't invest in fascism, people.

Cool. Here's what I'm thinking.

If I can make a quick $1000 or 2, i'll get out, but if its hovering around and grades up I can give it a year or two and see if it climbs back up to $10-15.

Keep in mind, I know nothing about this shit, I'm a gambler, degenerate style, and this gets me rooting for a team. Even if I lose, the action is exciting.

What would you do if you just bought 1,000 shares, how would you think about it?

In a stock like this with such poor fundamentals, you have to look at it as a trading vehicle. In one that is this risky, this should be money that you can afford to lose 100% of.... because that could still happen. As long as you have that mindset with this, then I would use stops to chase the stock price.

I assume if you bought recently you are in somewhere around 2.75-3.00 per share. If it were my money, I would put the initial stop at $2.00.

From the technical side... if it can close at $4.50 or higher, that would be a bullish breakout and you should see it run towards $7.75-8.00. That said, given the banking sector's condition, I would probably take my profits around $4 and run.

Now we need to figure in 'degree of possible fascistification' when pricing stocks.

The market is now based on totalitarianism and which sectors and corporations the government decides to handicap.

Please don't invest in fascism, people.
"degree of fascistification"

Now that I like!

:clink:

Back