Tornado: 1, WM's school: 0

Well, I suppose I should've mentioned, I don't live in Hattiesburg, I commute. Oddly, it didn't even storm much where I live, although of course we were under storm warning. But my school got torn up pretty bad. There were 90 injuries due to the tornado, but so far no fatalities.

Dude, that's fucking awesome and terrifying at the same time. Who the fuck would chase a tornado?

The school was closed for Fat Tuesday celebrations... At least that was reported on the news. This kept down the number of injuries.

What I want to know Skidmark.....is how could you tell the difference between a tornado and the windbag rightwing politicians you have down there?

PS - Glad no one was seriously injured or killed.:)

What I want to know Skidmark.....is how could you tell the difference between a tornado and the windbag rightwing politicians you have down there?

PS - Glad no one was seriously injured or killed.:)

One produces 140 mph winds and moves at around 30 mph, usually dissipating after 10 minutes, while the other repeats cliches and is generally re-elected until retirement or death.

that was awesome. WM is too smart to live in the south. move out young man, move out. i know you listened to my advice and then decided against it, that is fine, but go somewhere smart. you're a good guy, despite all your flaws.

that was awesome. WM is too smart to live in the south. move out young man, move out. i know you listened to my advice and then decided against it, that is fine, but go somewhere smart. you're a good guy, despite all your flaws.
That's damned sound advice Skidmark. Listen to Yurt. Move to Alabama!!

I've survived two near misses and a direct hit by tornados. I don't share your enthusiasm for them. I think they are awsome too....as long as they are in Mississippi or Colorado or some place I am not. :)

I've been less than a mile from a tornado some 7 times. One my father and I watched form almost directly above our heads while sitting out on his porch. Another we watched and were ready to go to my friend's basement if it came any closer... One I spoke about on this board, I ran to get my camera to take a picture of it but the tornado broke up before I could get the shot...

Mother nature is awesome, respect must be paid, but it still is an awesome thing. I love strong weather phenomena. I used to have to go down to New Orleans to spend time with my grandmother who would refuse to leave during hurricanes... Fortunately, and unfortunately, she had passed by the time Katrina came around.

Back