Total Wine & More

Minister of Truth

Practically Perfect
I made my first trip to the store a few days before my trip out to Fayetteville. Joined the rewards program, bought some 509 Rum and a craft beer I don't remember.

Today I went with labels that have long been recommend to me on this site, but hadn't gotten around to trying. Plymouth Gin and Dogfish Head beer (Red & White - 10%).

I think this will be fun. I'll save trying Hendricks for Costco, because it's probably the best deal available. The damn cashier tried to give me a heart attack. She inadvertently charged me a mysterious $45 "Bottle Deposit." Rather than argue with her in front of people, I just drove home, called it in, and got my card credited. The name reminds me of co-ops, who are known to charge $0.99-2.00 glass bottle deposits that get refunded upon return, but, $45 is a bit perplexing.

Anyway, I'm starting on the Dogfish Head. Not sure that I love it...

oh shit I thought your thread title was a suggestion for a new watermark name ;D

dogfishhead is great. all the *minute IPA's are my default when I go to various places. It's more popular these days than it was 10 years ago

This is actually my first encounter with Dogfish Head, so it's not readily available out here. I just spent two weeks nerding-out on Yuengling in my hotel room, because they don't distribute west of the Mississippi.

This is actually my first encounter with Dogfish Head, so it's not readily available out here. I just spent two weeks nerding-out on Yuengling in my hotel room, because they don't distribute west of the Mississippi.

You have to be real careful. Way to many teeth and sharp too..........

I made my first trip to the store a few days before my trip out to Fayetteville. Joined the rewards program, bought some 509 Rum and a craft beer I don't remember.

Today I went with labels that have long been recommend to me on this site, but hadn't gotten around to trying. Plymouth Gin and Dogfish Head beer (Red & White - 10%).

I think this will be fun. I'll save trying Hendricks for Costco, because it's probably the best deal available. The damn cashier tried to give me a heart attack. She inadvertently charged me a mysterious $45 "Bottle Deposit." Rather than argue with her in front of people, I just drove home, called it in, and got my card credited. The name reminds me of co-ops, who are known to charge $0.99-2.00 glass bottle deposits that get refunded upon return, but, $45 is a bit perplexing.

Anyway, I'm starting on the Dogfish Head. Not sure that I love it...

For the very first time ever I am envious of someone here at JPP. Here in NC we don't get to purchase proof alcohol products in anyplace other than a StateCo Alcoholic Beverage Control store, or a bar that has purchased from the StateCo central warehouse in Raleigh. That's right folks, every bottle of booze that is inside a bar in NC has first been handled by a StateCo employee who glued a stamp on it and charged them three bucks to do it. And that's on top of the percentage that they already put on the bottle.

For the very first time ever I am envious of someone here at JPP. Here in NC we don't get to purchase proof alcohol products in anyplace other than a StateCo Alcoholic Beverage Control store, or a bar that has purchased from the StateCo central warehouse in Raleigh. That's right folks, every bottle of booze that is inside a bar in NC has first been handled by a StateCo employee who glued a stamp on it and charged them three bucks to do it. And that's on top of the percentage that they already put on the bottle.
Keep the faith, SM. WA was the same way until a citizens initiative a few years ago. The opposition tried to claim this was a move funded by Costco to enrich itself, but we would not be deterred. The explosion of the craft brew scene in Ashland should help pull NC in the right direction.

Keep the faith, SM. WA was the same way until a citizens initiative a few years ago. The opposition tried to claim this was a move funded by Costco to enrich itself, but we would not be deterred. The explosion of the craft brew scene in Ashland should help pull NC in the right direction.

There is a bill on the legislative agenda this year, and I chock it up to the GOP who has, since te Obama, made Democrats in Raleigh nearly extinct. They've already loosened up the laws to make it easier for craft beers and bars that sell exclusively craft beer.

I have to apologize; because when I first saw the thread title, I thought it was just another one pointing out liberal behavior.

My bad. :palm:

Back