Trash Bags: Capitalism At Its Finest. Getting You To Pay For Something You Don't Need

PoliTalker

Diversity Makes Greatness
I really gotta hand it to the guy who invented trash bags.

It's INGENUOUS!

Here is a product that you buy - for the express purpose of throwing it AWAY! (Hey - At least you're not just throwing your money away... or are you...)

That's almost as good as bottled water. (Let's sell you something that falls from the sky. Next up: Rental air to breathe)

You know the routine.

Go to the store. Buy some trash bags. They come in a box. You pay your money, the store puts your box of bags into what?

Another bag. (I kid you not. You can't make this stuff up.)

So you take your bag with the box of bags home, and then you take the box of bags out of the bag and get the bags out of the box.

Then you take the box the bags came in and you have no use for that so you throw it away.

Into WHAT?

One of the bags that came in the box of bags you carried home from the store in a (wait for it) a bag.

So you're going to take the box the bags came in, and put the box into one of the bags from the box so you can throw it away.

And then you have no use for the bag the store put the box of bags in, so that goes in the bag which came in the box in the bag the store gave you - so you can throw that away, too.

Confused yet?

This is called modern convenience.

What other system besides capitalism would come up with THAT?

Anything for your money. It's all about wealth extraction. If you got it, they want it.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

But wait. It gets better.

We've got too many bags floating around and it's causing pollution so we have to restrict the use of store bags.

How will we ever get the box of bags home from the store?

Without the bags in a box we'll never be able to throw anything away. Oh NO! Lions and tigers and bears!

We have to have the bags in a box.

Or do we.

Hey.

I have an idea.

How about we stop buying bags in a box and just use the bag the store puts all the groceries in, to throw things away?

Ya might have to take the trash out more often because those bags are not as big as the bags in a box.

But is that really a bad thing?

Less stinky kitchen and more exercise.

AND you get to keep more of your money.

Ut oh. Capitalism isn't gonna like that.

Responsible Earth-conscious consumers?

Who do they think we ARE? Millenials?

fun stuff dude

all we need is more capitalism

someone with the power of a better Idea to cover all these needs

biodegradable bags and boxes

all food that is bought will be refuse in one way or another

Our society appears to be in the process of converting raw materials into landfill material.

All the workers are very busy.

Some of them get fantastically rich. Or they were born that way and add to it.

Most just get by. Many only barely so.

And when everybody is gone there are these giant piles of plastic.

And of course all the plastic which has been washed into the sea.

All the humans before us left things like monuments and pyramids.

We've made pyramids too.

There's are stone.

Ours are plastic.

We think we are advanced.

Back