Traveling 400 miles south for a visit. How screwy it's 30 degrees warmer there.

Jade Dragon

And I'm the one that jaded you.
I'm going to visit family in Ohio tomorrow. It's 50's - low 60's at home in Michigan, while we're gone, and it's going to be high 80's in Ohio. Can I get a WTF?

I'm going to visit family in Ohio tomorrow. It's 50's - low 60's at home in Michigan, while we're gone, and it's going to be high 80's in Ohio. Can I get a WTF?

Is the elevation different?

"The great depth of Grand Canyon produces a variety of conditions between the South Rim and Phantom Ranch. Temperatures usually vary by 20 ºF (11 ºC) between the top and the bottom. Summer (June – August) – Temperatures often exceed 100 ºF (38 ºC) at the bottom of the canyon.
Weather and Forecast | Grand Canyon National Park Lodges
https://www.grandcanyonlodges.com/plan/location/weather/"

"The great depth of Grand Canyon produces a variety of conditions between the South Rim and Phantom Ranch. Temperatures usually vary by 20 ºF (11 ºC) between the top and the bottom. Summer (June – August) – Temperatures often exceed 100 ºF (38 ºC) at the bottom of the canyon.

Not really much difference at all in elevations.

Near a body of water? A cool breeze off of water usually effects the temperature.

It's just the cool fall air has only dipped down a little bit out of Canada. It was 70's here for one day, then we got rain, wind, and storms, and dropped drastically. It's supposed to be 36 at night up here. I guess we picked a good time to leave. Have a case of various wine from vacation, to pass out, and sample. I have a little bottle of absinthe I got in Canada as well. I just read the label, and damn. The stuff has the same alcohol percentage as rubbing alcohol. I think I'll save that for something else. I remember my brothers wedding, and what the open bar led to. Karaoke.

When you get back it'll be in the 40's. It's not that unusual for Ohio to be warmer than Michigan this time of year.

EDIT: nevermind, forecast just changed, now it's going to be hotter.

Last edited:

What part of Ohio? I'm working in Canton, it's supposed to be 72 today.

I'm glad it's still warm here, you never know what this time of year will bring.

Nah, it's just Ohio. Lol.

There is a cooler front affecting the area. My sister said it was 90 in KS one day and 40 the next. Sister in Idaho claimed the same thing.

Back