Treat people like you want to be treated

The Dude

Banned
And what goes around comes around.
A buddy in Houston heard I retired and is recruiting me to go to work for Saudi aramco:whoa:
He left texaco and wanted to come back, 7 of 8 supervisors wanted to screw him. I fought to get him back and won. My theory, if we were texaco family one should be able to make a mistake and be welcomed back.
2 guys I helped are trying to help me.

It's not likely I'll take either job, but it's nice to get offers from people you never expected to here from again.

It's not likely I'll take either job, but it's nice to get offers from people you never expected to here from again.

very true. contacts are virtually everything in business and law. law is essentially business. my grandfather, when he retired, received many offers and took one, made some more dollars, and then called it quits.

friends in business are worth more than an MBA from harvard.

Would the Saudi company require you to go out there for any length of time? Because, if so, fuck that. My dad knew guys who spend 1-2 years in Saudi, and life was miserable for them. They couldn't legally enjoy life at all.

Would the Saudi company require you to go out there for any length of time? Because, if so, fuck that. My dad knew guys who spend 1-2 years in Saudi, and life was miserable for them. They couldn't legally enjoy life at all.
Yes now they have american compounds of like 60,000. 3 months in kingdom get 21 days back home.

i can't say more than this, but i have a family member who was paid triple his current pay to go there. and it was not necessarily civilian/non military. ]

a few months, a few mega bucks wealthier. what is wrong with that?

These guys' pay was also quite lucrative. They still wound up regretting their decision, because they lost 1-2 years of their lives, almost like being in jail.

And what goes around comes around.
A buddy in Houston heard I retired and is recruiting me to go to work for Saudi aramco:whoa:
He left texaco and wanted to come back, 7 of 8 supervisors wanted to screw him. I fought to get him back and won. My theory, if we were texaco family one should be able to make a mistake and be welcomed back.
2 guys I helped are trying to help me.

So you advocate treating others the way you'd like to be treated?

does that hold true for internet message board responses?

Back