Trebuchet and other weapons of mass destruction

Dutch Uncle

Sworn to support and defend the Constitution
Fortunately, the Biden administration hasn't gotten around to banning trebuchets and catapults.

My first major welding project had a six-foot arm and a 30 pound weight which launched golf balls 100 feet. According to the calculator below, had I used a 100 pound weight, it would have tossed the ball over 386 feet. About 130 yards. It's a high ballistic arc so it can easily fire a golf ball or egg over one's own house from the backyard and onto the roof of another house across the street.

Another option is to mount it in the back of a pickup truck or on a trailer.

There are tons of information online for building trebuchets. Anyone else ever build a medieval siege WMD?

http://www.virtualtrebuchet.com/

I don't think doing that in a parking lot full of cars near overhead power lines and lots of other stuff is the smartest idea... It's more like Hey, hold my beer, 'n watch this shit! Open field right there a bit further out anyone?

I don't think doing that in a parking lot full of cars near overhead power lines and lots of other stuff is the smartest idea... It's more like Hey, hold my beer, 'n watch this shit! Open field right there a bit further out anyone?

Physics and Newton's Laws of Motion kept us safe. :thup:

Golf balls bounce....a lot. Although the balls landed in the parking lot they bounced into that field.

I'm going to make another one. That old one has been cut up for scrap. More of a test model than anything else.

Any safety warnings here?:

Golf balls bounce....a lot. Although the balls landed in the parking lot they bounced into that field.

I'm going to make another one. That old one has been cut up for scrap. More of a test model than anything else.

Where's that FBI number?

Right up until Mr. Murphy showed up... :laugh:

Where's that FBI number?
(202) 324-3000

Tell'em Dutch sentcha!

4x2l5r.gif

Back