Trent Lott: Bush "Pushed" the Intelligence to Sell His War

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
MSNBC Hardball

-Chris Matthews: I think [Vice President] Cheney had his thumb on the scale, do you agree? That they were pushing this war so hard, they were working to look at any evidence that backed the war and ignore any evidence that didn’t back the war.

-Lott: They were pushing the evidence that justified going to the war, a lot of us, Republicans and Democrats, were concerned about what we were told, and we bought the packet.

http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/002287.php

Of course a President is going to push intel they believe to be vital to the national security.

What this says is that Lott and anyone else that had "concerns" didn't have backbone to raise those concerns.

Of course a President is going to push intel they believe to be vital to the national security.

What this says is that Lott and anyone else that had "concerns" didn't have backbone to raise those concerns.

what this says is bush lied and is being called out on his lies... the war was over wMD's not anything else, no liberation no shit like that... bush said during the 2000 debates he wasn't into nationbuilding....

iraq had NOTHING to do w/ 9/11

but if you need to tell yourself that to help you sleep at night so be it.

If you watched the interview you could see that Matthews was really trying to get Lott to say that Bush or Cheney or Rumsfeld or whoever "rigged" the intel to make it seem necessary to go to war in Iraq. Lott never did, however. This war has been such a disaster and the initial reason we went there didn't turn out to be true so I think a lot of people want someone's head.........and I don't really blame them. But I don't think they'll get Bush's or Cheney's any time soon.

If you watched the interview you could see that Matthews was really trying to get Lott to say that Bush or Cheney or Rumsfeld or whoever "rigged" the intel to make it seem necessary to go to war in Iraq. Lott never did, however. This war has been such a disaster and the initial reason we went there didn't turn out to be true so I think a lot of people want someone's head.........and I don't really blame them. But I don't think they'll get Bush's or Cheney's any time soon.

did you miss the speech in atlanta where rumsfield said he KNEW EXACTLY WHERE the WMD's were?

Exactly. All of sudden, everyone in congress and their grandmothers are "courageously" coming forward. Cry me a fvcking river.

did you miss the speech in atlanta where rumsfield said he KNEW EXACTLY WHERE the WMD's were?

Yea rob, I saw/heard that speech. It still isn't proof of anything other than stupidity. Listen, if someone rigged the intel then we'll find out. Until then I will withhold judgment.

Yea rob, I saw/heard that speech. It still isn't proof of anything other than stupidity. Listen, if someone rigged the intel then we'll find out. Until then I will withhold judgment.

I think what happened was Bush and Cheney cherry-picked and exaggerted the parts of the intelligence that fit with conclusions that they had ALREADY made - and ignored the caveats and the intelligence that didn't fit their pre-conceived notions.

"Exactly. All of sudden, everyone in congress and their grandmothers are "courageously" coming forward. Cry me a fvcking river."

Exactly... they are all in CYA mode.

Rob... never said a word about how accurate Bush's statements turned out to be. The point is, if they truly had concerns.... it is their job, their DUTY to the American people to raise those concerns and make sure they are addressed.

Back