Tribute to Jade's favorite places share. Limited ban list.

Eagle_Eye

Especially invited are Teflon Don, OODA, Text Drivers are Killers, CFM, Yaya, PraiseKek, TOP, Eagle Eye, hvilleherb, Q-Tip, volsrock and Rob Larrikin

Please share places you enjoy visiting or dining.18.jpg

Last edited:
Why thank you. I didn't even look at her thread because I knew that her craziness for me put me on the "limited' (lol) list.

Anyway her thread is basically a copycat thread of mine about vacation locations.

But on the spirit of this thread :

Central Coast California

Vancouver Island

Remote south Pacific islands.

Threads like this...very peaceful and pleasant...my favorite place to dine has the best food ever, btw...
Want recipes? Just ask:)

Why thank you. I didn't even look at her thread because I knew that her craziness for me put me on the "limited' (lol) list.

Anyway her thread is basically a copycat thread of mine about vacation locations.

But on the spirit of this thread :

Central Coast California

Vancouver Island

Remote south Pacific islands.

Thank you for your input. I thought it was only fitting that those who JD hates so much should have the same opportunity as those he adores.

One of my favorite places is one I've gone to since I was 12 years old. For the first 30 years, I went there every year with my father who first took me there. It is a solemn place, quiet except for the occasional whistling breeze in the trees, the scamper of squirrels rustling in the leaves and the abundance of other passing wildlife. It's a long walk to get there, you pass an old abandoned whisky still, a small fresh cold water spring, walk up a good part of an old logging road, turn back into the woods about 200 yards and end up near the top a ridge overlooking a small ravine with a quiet slow running stream at the bottom. There is a large downed tree there that makes for a good seat, a place my father and I had many a father-son conversations. It is also one of the best deer hunting spots on the ridge, rarely traveled by other hunters. The following 10 years I hunted there alone enjoying nature and it's peacefulness and remembering all of the successful hunts we shared there, and those I continued to on my own. I haven't hunted there for the last 5 years, although I walk up there once when I check for trails in the late fall, pause to remember what once was, then head back down to check the area I hunt now, a spot we used to pass on our way just off that old logging road. My hunting success still continues, I have a few steaks left in the freezer, and I'll always treasure the hunting and tracking skills I learned over those early years. Thanks Pop, you raised and taught me well, I miss you dearly...

Back