Trip cancelled

MAGA MAN

Let's go Brandon!
My wife planned this trip and invited six other couples for Mid-April. It was going to be 14 of us on a river cruise in Portugal on the Doro (sp?), total of 104 passengers, first class all the way. Had a side trip to Fatima planned.

Viking announced today they were cancelling all cruises due to Covid 19, and our company, AMA, wasn't far behind.

We had dinner with our agent and she told us. Good news is that AMA is giving us 115% credit towards our next cruise. So we're planning on going in the fall. Probably use the up-credit to get a nicer room. Or pay for my bar bill lol.

My wife planned this trip and invited six other couples for Mid-April. It was going to be 14 of us on a river cruise in Portugal on the Doro (sp?), total of 104 passengers, first class all the way. Had a side trip to Fatima planned.

Viking announced today they were cancelling all cruises due to Covid 19, and our company, AMA, wasn't far behind.

We had dinner with our agent and she told us. Good news is that AMA is giving us 115% credit towards our next cruise. So we're planning on going in the fall. Probably use the up-credit to get a nicer room. Or pay for my bar bill lol.

I know it sucks man, but probably for the best.

Good silver-lining. Sorry about the cancelled trip.

Don't be a Candy-ass. Go to Italy instead. Probably less people and you could get a better deal. Think of the memories you will have.

I know it sucks man, but probably for the best.

Good silver-lining. Sorry about the cancelled trip.

Doesn't suck at all. We have the time off scheduled, so we will do something. A stay-vacation is out of the question. The weather in the mountains sucks this time of year. I can bury myself in my cars for a week and be happy, but the wifie wants to travel.

Probably end up doing a road trip. Florida, visiting relatives, would make the most sense. She's talking about renting an RV and going to the SW but we only have a week.

I'm thinking more like Mont Tremblant, Quebec.

All of the other five couples bailed on the rescheduling for a fall trip. My wife then became concerned about the solvency of AMA and decided to opt for 100% money back instead of a 115% credit.

You dodged a bullet. Open borders and universal health care have made the EU the epicenter of the Chinese disease.

The bad news is that Viking may be bankrupt before you can use that credit.

At least you got something for the inconvenience. Most often cruises are cancelled and the cruise line gives you a credit for a same cost cruise in the future with no upgrades. We have been on one cruise and I was bored to tears. But then I don't enjoy structured tours either.

At least you got something for the inconvenience. Most often cruises are cancelled and the cruise line gives you a credit for a same cost cruise in the future with no upgrades. We have been on one cruise and I was bored to tears. But then I don't enjoy structured tours either.

These are river cruises on small boats, not ocean cruises with 4000 of your new best friends. This particular boat carries only 100 passengers. Others we've done carry around 200.

Rivers were the original highways so where civilization was first built. If you like history, old architecture and touring the oldest parts of the world's cities, guided or not, then you'd love river cruising.

You dodged a bullet. Open borders and universal health care have made the EU the epicenter of the Chinese disease.

The bad news is that Viking may be bankrupt before you can use that credit.

Gosh can't you read? Our trip was with AMA, not Viking.

Another pleasure trip for Dark Shirt would be a lovely holiday in Iran, enjoying the results of American sanctions. Perhaps he could even cook and eat a few children?

These are river cruises on small boats, not ocean cruises with 4000 of your new best friends. This particular boat carries only 100 passengers. Others we've done carry around 200.

Rivers were the original highways so where civilization was first built. If you like history, old architecture and touring the oldest parts of the world's cities, guided or not, then you'd love river cruising.

I would love to go on one of those one day whale sighting cruises. And we have been on day river cruises in Germany that were fun.

I would love to go on one of those one day whale sighting cruises. And we have been on day river cruises in Germany that were fun.

I think those are run out of Seattle. You could probably get a good deal this time of year. Don't be a Cream Puff like Dark Soul ... Go for it!

I think those are run out of Seattle. You could probably get a good deal this time of year. Don't be a Cream Puff like Dark Soul ... Go for it!

I think you should swim with the big fish off the Farallon Islands. You could probably get a good deal this time of year. Don't be a Cream Puff like Dark Soul ... Go for it!

Don't worry about your wife. Her boyfriend will keep her happy (as usual) while you're gone.

Back