Trouble at auburn?

Canceled.2014.1

It looks like there may be trouble on the plains, if any of the allegations are true.

Players have admitted getting paid, told of grades being fixed ect, during the tiger's 2010 NC season.

Between Nick Fairley's cheap hits and Cam Newton's dad getting paid, I didn't think the championship would hold. Looks like the NCAA records may have nother asterisk in them.

Breaks my heart. :awesome:

There is something to be said for the famous Pat Dye quote, "Keep it down home, cuz!"

This has been going on for years down on the plains. A friend of mine said, back when they shut down Victoryland and McGregor's gambling operations, just outside Auburn in Shorter, to look for AU to get busted for stuff, because the cash cow just got slaughtered. Seems it's not really an NCAA 'violation' to take a recruit to a specified place where a slot machine just so happens to pay off whenever he drops his quarter in. Oh my, you are a winner at Auburn! If you drive by the AU athletic complex in the Spring, it looks like an Escalade dealership.

The thing that gets me about their 2010 NC, is that should have been Bama. Had we not blown a 21 point lead in the Iron Bowl, something I still can't explain to this day, Bama would have been National Champs in 2010, and four in a row, now. What amounts to about 20 minutes of sorry football playing on part of Alabama, cost them that entire season, and put Auburn in the spotlight. It will rub me the wrong way for the rest of my life.

There is something to be said for the famous Pat Dye quote, "Keep it down home, cuz!"

This has been going on for years down on the plains. A friend of mine said, back when they shut down Victoryland and McGregor's gambling operations, just outside Auburn in Shorter, to look for AU to get busted for stuff, because the cash cow just got slaughtered. Seems it's not really an NCAA 'violation' to take a recruit to a specified place where a slot machine just so happens to pay off whenever he drops his quarter in. Oh my, you are a winner at Auburn! If you drive by the AU athletic complex in the Spring, it looks like an Escalade dealership.

The thing that gets me about their 2010 NC, is that should have been Bama. Had we not blown a 21 point lead in the Iron Bowl, something I still can't explain to this day, Bama would have been National Champs in 2010, and four in a row, now. What amounts to about 20 minutes of sorry football playing on part of Alabama, cost them that entire season, and put Auburn in the spotlight. It will rub me the wrong way for the rest of my life.

I agree with everything until you get to the 2010 National Championship. We lost 3 games that year. Even if we had beaten the aubbies, I doubt we would have been in the NC game. It was probably the best chance that the rest of the country had at a NC without an SEC team.

I agree with everything until you get to the 2010 National Championship. We lost 3 games that year. Even if we had beaten the aubbies, I doubt we would have been in the NC game. It was probably the best chance that the rest of the country had at a NC without an SEC team.

Well, Alabama was ranked #9 and AU was ranked #2, and the game determined SEC West, so the winner went on to play SC, who Alabama would have beaten, had they played again. LSU won a national championship as SEC Champs with 2 losses, so it's possible. Alabama had one of the toughest schedules that year, seven of their opponents had bye weeks to prepare. They lost two games by less than a touchdown, to two of the best teams in the country. As things turned out, it would have been a choice between Alabama with 2 losses, and blowout win over #2 Auburn or somebody like TCU to face Oregon.

Well, Alabama was ranked #9 and AU was ranked #2, and the game determined SEC West, so the winner went on to play SC, who Alabama would have beaten, had they played again. LSU won a national championship as SEC Champs with 2 losses, so it's possible. Alabama had one of the toughest schedules that year, seven of their opponents had bye weeks to prepare. They lost two games by less than a touchdown, to two of the best teams in the country. As things turned out, it would have been a choice between Alabama with 2 losses, and blowout win over #2 Auburn or somebody like TCU to face Oregon.

I don't think we woul have gotten in with two losses, even with a good win over the aubbies.

Plus we would have had to play South Carolina again, and that was the one loss that was a serious loss. USC came out swinging and thoroughly whipped us.

I don't think we woul have gotten in with two losses, even with a good win over the aubbies.

Plus we would have had to play South Carolina again, and that was the one loss that was a serious loss. USC came out swinging and thoroughly whipped us.

SC did jump out to a big lead, but the final was close. If we had played again, we would have won big. Hell, we would have won the first game if we had another two minutes on the clock. Same with LSU. I still think, a blowout win over AU, which it was looking like we had, and winning the SEC, would have put is in a very good position. You may be right, it may not have been enough, but we would have had a shot.

SC did jump out to a big lead, but the final was close. If we had played again, we would have won big. Hell, we would have won the first game if we had another two minutes on the clock. Same with LSU. I still think, a blowout win over AU, which it was looking like we had, and winning the SEC, would have put is in a very good position. You may be right, it may not have been enough, but we would have had a shot.

True enough, we would have had a shot. I thought the team played great for the first 30 mins. The problem is its a 60 min game.

This year I think we have an excellent shot too. The offense is loaded, as long as the O line comes together. And the defense will be stellar as usual. How many teams have 2 defensive players that were recruited as 4 or 5 star runningbacks? Its gonna be an excellent year!

Back