Trump, insisting he’s doing ‘the weave,’ gets called out for rambling answers by moderator

NakedHunterBiden

“It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”

Former President Trump did not like being confronted with tough questions during a somewhat heated interview on Tuesday.

Trump and Bloomberg News’ John Micklethwait clashed on numerous issues during a testy interview at the Economic Club of Chicago on Tuesday. Trump repeatedly insisted that he was doing the “weave” while being called out for his rambling answers by Micklethwait.

At one point, Trump starts talking about a potential “World War III” while answering a question on tariffs. While he kept switching between topics, Trump explained that he was doing the “weave.”

“I inherited that war. There were no wars. And, by the way, by the way, and I think it’s very important to go, you know, I call it the weave. You can call it kind of, you have the weave, as long as you end up in the right location at the end. But while we’re talking about it, we have never been so close to World War III as we are right now with what’s going on in Ukraine and Russia in the Middle East," Trump said at one point.

“With great respect, I was asking about tariffs. You’ve gone off of that," Micklethwait said.

Trump:
You know, I do the weave. You know what the weave is? I'll talk about, like, nine different things, and they all come back brilliantly together. And it's like - and friends of mine that are, like, English professors - they say, it's the most brilliant thing I've ever seen.

There is a lot of crazy to unpack there, but let me key in on one detail: trump claims he has English professors as friends, and that they think he is brilliant. Does anyone here believe trump surrounds himself with English professors, and that they are impressed with him? Seriously, anyone?

Back