TV News never shown as Class instruction

bhaktajan

Hare Krishna Templar
TV News never shown as Class instruction to school kids. Ever notice how Media News never shown as Class instruction
---when I was a kid in school we never watched TV News on a TV in a classroom. For me, I ask why not? Real TV News is just a sensational carnival Barker

Has anyone had a teacher that had your class watch a TV News report as a classroom tool for teaching a subject?

Your experience?

In my contemporary world problems class (Fall, 2003 of my senior year in HS), we used weekly issues of Time as material in the class. There was an educational program that Time offered which enabled the class to acquire the subscriptions.

TV News never shown as Class instruction to school kids. Ever notice how Media News never shown as Class instruction
---when I was a kid in school we never watched TV News on a TV in a classroom. For me, I ask why not? Real TV News is just a sensational carnival Barker

Has anyone had a teacher that had your class watch a TV News report as a classroom tool for teaching a subject?

Your experience?

Yep, sorta. Back in my sophomore year in HS, we had a Civics teacher who would record the news on a portable cassette player (remember them?) and play it at the beginning of class to discuss. This teacher was one who would try to catch students smoking in the "boys room" between classes and usually came back after the late bell. I replaced the tape with a Deep Purple tape. The class loved it...the teacher...not so much.

Your experience?

I remember watching television in class on a few occasions......the day that Kennedy was shot.......one of the moon walks.....

we watched when he launched dewey decimal

That's an un-truth. It's a fantasy projection, It's a sophomoric expression of wit.

It's a lie. It's bullshit. It's twisted logic. It's falsity. It's yet another post of meaninglessness.

It's a non-existing book of a non-existing shelf.

I am a witness to it.

--Pooft--

Back