Two movies...Cats and Once Upon a Time In Hollywood.

Ross Dolan

Contributor
Just saw both these movies...

...and the jury is still out for me.

Cats I enjoyed a lot, but Nancy and I are cat people...and I think Andrew Lloyd Webber is sensational...so that figures.

I'm beginning to suspect you have to be a cat person to like the movie, though.

Definitely more a "Dancers who sing"...rather than "Singers who dance" production. Francesca Hayward and Steven McRae are both principle dancers with the London Royal Ballet.

- - - - - - - -

Once Upon a Time In Hollywood is weird. Lots and lots of controversy...which is not unusual for a Tarantino movie. (His Pulp Fiction is one of my favorite movies.)

Anyone have any thoughts on either.

Cats I enjoyed a lot, but Nancy and I are cat people...and I think Andrew Lloyd Webber is sensational...so that figures.

Definitely more a "Dancers who sing"...rather than "Singers who dance" production. Francesca Hayward and Steven McRae are both principle dancers with the London Royal Ballet.

- - - - - - - -

Once Upon a Time In Hollywood is weird. Lots and lots of controversy...which is not unusual for a Tarantino movie. (His Pulp Fiction is one of my favorite movies.)

I went into cats expecting to be bored to tears, but one has to support the so's interest in movies.

I actually thought it was good and do not understand the harsh reviews.

- - - - - - - -

Haven't seen Cats, did see 'once upon a time'. I'm going to order it from Amazon.
It was (in my opinion) a commentary on Hollywood from the 50s-60s point of view.

I went into cats expecting to be bored to tears, but one has to support the so's interest in movies.

I actually thought it was good and do not understand the harsh reviews.

Me, too.

Of course, looking at Francesca's great body probably biased me in favor of the movie.

I haven't been to the movies in 20 years.

I went at least that long...but Nancy recently got me interested in seeing movies in the theaters again. Really different, with reclining chairs and all that.

I enjoy it occasionally.

Cost is outta sight!

I went at least that long...but Nancy recently got me interested in seeing movies in the theaters again. Really different, with reclining chairs and all that.

I enjoy it occasionally.

Cost is outta sight!

We may see the Movie Theater go the way of the Drive-In. (?)

Me, too.

Of course, looking at Francesca's great body probably biased me in favor of the movie.

It is not often one sees a mix of ballet, modern dance, singing, theatrical performance, and digital special effects in a movie. That is what made it unique and compelling to me.

Back