U.S. to Expand Domestic Use Of Spy Satellites

uscitizen

Villified User
U.S. to Expand
Domestic Use
Of Spy Satellites
By ROBERT BLOCK
August 15, 2007; Page A1

The U.S.'s top intelligence official has greatly expanded the range of federal and local authorities who can get access to information from the nation's vast network of spy satellites in the U.S.

The decision, made three months ago by Director of National Intelligence Michael McConnell, places for the first time some of the U.S.'s most powerful intelligence-gathering tools at the disposal of domestic security officials. The move was authorized in a May 25 memo sent to Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff asking his department to facilitate access to the spy network on behalf of civilian agencies and law enforcement.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB118714764716998275.html?mod=blog

U.S. to Expand
Domestic Use
Of Spy Satellites
By ROBERT BLOCK
August 15, 2007; Page A1

The U.S.'s top intelligence official has greatly expanded the range of federal and local authorities who can get access to information from the nation's vast network of spy satellites in the U.S.

The decision, made three months ago by Director of National Intelligence Michael McConnell, places for the first time some of the U.S.'s most powerful intelligence-gathering tools at the disposal of domestic security officials. The move was authorized in a May 25 memo sent to Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff asking his department to facilitate access to the spy network on behalf of civilian agencies and law enforcement.

Just a simple question---- WHY???

U.S. to Expand
Domestic Use
Of Spy Satellites
By ROBERT BLOCK
August 15, 2007; Page A1

You know what is so horrible, you read this whole article and you see the government saying "we can keep you safer with this". And people will buy that. They will actually, when the time comes, run not walk, to have their chips installed, waiving their arms frantically, to be among the first called on so they can pronounce "put it in me, I've got nothing to hide, I don't mind being watched 24 hours a day". Just keep me safe. God Almighty, just keep me safe.

It's a real sickness. And I am convinced it's because Americans truly believe, on some level, that they are not going to die. There is going to be an exception in their case.

I mentioned this when posters were quick to admonish China for its spying on its own citizenry. Its a race to the bottom.

It also picks up property, vehicles to tax, unauthorized buildings to tax , work done without a permit, etc...

Virtually everyone does something wrong.
I read a study once that if we were alll porsecuted to the max for every legal infraction we commited (uncaught ones as well) we would all spend something like 25 yrs in jail.

you do realize that using onstar and such you can be monitored for speeding at any time.
and as long as your cellphone is turned on your position can be determined at any time.
could be handy in divorce cases :) and i am not so certain that the microphone can not be turned on remotely.

Last edited:
Back