UCLA crushes Longhorns and Tide was low but still washed away Razorbacks.

Socrtease

Verified User
The lowly UCLA Bruins CRUSHED Texas and if not for the Alabama Defense, we might be hearing boo hoo's from the south. I also want to know how Top is going to blast UCLA and their PAC 10 conference when the LSU tiggers just barely beat a lower ranked W. Virginia. I am sure we will hear about the power and Majesty of OSU and their mighty toppeling of the, who was it they played? Oh that's right the mighty Eagles of Eastern Michigan who coming into that game were 0-2 in the powerhouse Mid-American conference. I think the only really good thing that happened yesterday was that Neuter Lame lost their third straight game going to 1-3. Normally this would crush a teams hopes for a postseason bowl bid, ahhh but not Neuter Lame, Hell no, they can lose a few more and still be eligible for some bowl game.

The lowly UCLA Bruins CRUSHED Texas and if not for the Alabama Defense, we might be hearing boo hoo's from the south. I also want to know how Top is going to blast UCLA and their PAC 10 conference when the LSU tiggers just barely beat a lower ranked W. Virginia. I am sure we will hear about the power and Majesty of OSU and their mighty toppeling of the, who was it they played? Oh that's right the mighty Eagles of Eastern Michigan who coming into that game were 0-2 in the powerhouse Mid-American conference. I think the only really good thing that happened yesterday was that Neuter Lame lost their third straight game going to 1-3. Normally this would crush a teams hopes for a postseason bowl bid, ahhh but not Neuter Lame, Hell no, they can lose a few more and still be eligible for some bowl game.

Bama played like shit in the first half, thats the truth. Ryan Mallett is a helluva QB, and our young secondary made stupid mistakes for the first two quarters. Ah, but redemption was ours in the 2nd half. The secondary played better, the pass rush kept Mallett running for his life, and the offfense returned to what works.

We played a top 10 team and had to work for the win. I loved it!

Watching the longhorns lose was another high point of the day. And ND losing is always good.

Bama played like shit in the first half, thats the truth. Ryan Mallett is a helluva QB, and our young secondary made stupid mistakes for the first two quarters. Ah, but redemption was ours in the 2nd half. The secondary played better, the pass rush kept Mallett running for his life, and the offfense returned to what works.

We played a top 10 team and had to work for the win. I loved it!

Watching the longhorns lose was another high point of the day. And ND losing is always good.

Admittedly WB the Tide did not play some slouch of a team from the MidAmerica conference and LSU did play a top 20 team, though they were higher ranked and won by a mere 6 points.

However, my bet is that at the 4 minute mark you were sweating crimson bullets.

Admittedly WB the Tide did not play some slouch of a team from the MidAmerica conference and LSU did play a top 20 team, though they were higher ranked and won by a mere 6 points.

No bet, you are exactly right. But that is Alabama football at its best. This was the first game of the season that wasn't boring.

The first half I was cussing and screaming (and drinking). The second half I was trying every lucky gesture and bit of hoodoo I could manage to try and help my team.

But this wasn't as scary as TN was last year. We survived with a win and the secondary grew up. That will serve us well when we play another good QB.

Defense is how Bama wins.

You know, it's funny, I was around a big group of Bama fans who were mostly worried.. saying things like: Well, it was a good run while it lasted... Well, we had to lose one sooner or later... and myself, and two others in the group were like, WTF? We kept the faith! I never worried that we weren't going to win the game... (well, maybe just a little near the end), but I had confidence we were going to to come back. The team played like Champions, and it was fitting the freshmen and sophomores stepped up and made plays. Our D certainly got us back into the game with the picks. Officiating was horrible, the zebras tried everything to give Arkansas the game! And I think the problems WB mentioned with our secondary, were related to that field surface, I don't think our guys could get any grip on that synthetic turf. When Mallet was completing those passes, his receivers were WIDE open, usually because our coverage guy slipped coming off the line, and couldn't catch back up. It was sloppy and ugly, but a win nevertheless. I'll take it!

Oh yeah... Texas, should be embarrassed.

One of the best plays of the game was Saban's ballsy call to go for it on 4th-and inches. We were up 24-20, and if we failed it would have given the Hawgs good field position. Way to go, Nick!

The refs pissed me off a few times too, Dixie. But the last call of pass interference when the ball was clearly uncatchable and had already gone by was just bullshit.

But we did learn something yesterday. The world learned how to defeat the Crimson Tide.

#1 - Have a great passing QB with a cannon arm and good vision.
#2 - Have an aggressive, top level defensive line that can load up the box and disrupt the running game.
#3 - have some excellent DBs who can close with blinding speed.

#4 - Make the game only last 30 mins. :)

One of the best plays of the game was Saban's ballsy call to go for it on 4th-and inches. We were up 24-20, and if we failed it would have given the Hawgs good field position. Way to go, Nick!

The refs pissed me off a few times too, Dixie. But the last call of pass interference when the ball was clearly uncatchable and had already gone by was just bullshit.

I thought it was a no-brainer going for it on 4th and inches... some in our group were questioning it, but when you have a QB like Mallet... what difference does it really make if you give him 48 yds or 78 yds? Our punt would have been one pass play for him. Making that 1st sealed the game, and it had to be done... if we had punted, we would have probably lost. Besides... 6 inches? If we couldn't move the ball 6", we didn't deserve to win.

Several calls blew my mind.. The one where they threw a flag so they could 'review' the previous play and overturn it... and the one where they called us for a late hit, i guess because our man's facemask was holding the other guy's hand! Several times, you could watch the replay and see the ref with his hand already on the flag ready to throw it, before whatever they called the 'penalty' ever happened. I guess they were telepathic and knew we were about to commit a penalty, huh?

My son and I were talking about the game, and we are wondering how far will the Razorbacks drop? Or rather, how far SHOULD they drop?

They played the #1 team down to the last of the 4th qtr, and were winning for most of the game. In fact, they whipped Bama for 30 mins of the game.

So when the #10 team almost beats the #1 team, should they drop or rise in the polls?

One more question. Why is Texas still ranked? They beat two creampuffs and had a major fight from an unranked Texas Tech team with a new coach. Then they got their ass kicked and manhandled by an unranked UCLA (who is 2-2). WTF?

Last edited:
It was a great football weekend, lots of good ball! The results weren't always good for the pool I was in, but it was good ball!

a lowely 6 pt win, soc you must have been an ice skater. Because there are no style points in football.
Yes we have a high school level QB and our back-up has thrown more pic6's than budwieser.
As far as BAMA is concerned I'm more worried about anyone beating them now than I was pre Ar-Kansas.
You could put 11 in the box and your not stopping Ingram. Period

Oregon will let down the pac 10 soon enough as usual.

Soc, have you heard of this kid from LSU Peterson?

a lowely 6 pt win, soc you must have been an ice skater. Because there are no style points in football.
Yes we have a high school level QB and our back-up has thrown more pic6's than budwieser.
As far as BAMA is concerned I'm more worried about anyone beating them now than I was pre Ar-Kansas.

Sure there are style points. Score too many points and you are accused of running up the score. Score too few and you didn't win convincingly.

If Bama makes it thru the 3 game stretch of Ark, FL, and SC, the season is looking good. We can stop Cam Newton.

'SC wanted Patrick Johnson Peterson real bad. Thought we had a chance for a minute to pull him from Florida to. Kid is a baller.

Kind of funny UCLA won at Texas something like 66-3 back in 1997 which helped get Mackovich fired and led to the hiring of Mack Brown.

Peterson is the best corner to ever play at LSU and possibly the best defensive player. He's out after this year to ball on Sunday's.
Miles will likely be out as well, LSU has used up 8 of it's 9 cat lives with this inept QB.
Bama is the best team I've seen since the Cornhuskers repeated in the 90's.
To say Ingrim is a Beast is an understatement, he's Emmitt, and Larry Zonka combined.

Bama is the best team I've seen since the Cornhuskers repeated in the 90's.
To say Ingrim is a Beast is an understatement, he's Emmitt, and Larry Zonka combined.

His backup ain't too shabby either.

having a backup like Richardson should be a recruiting violation by itself.
I'm not betting against Bama this year.

Ehhhh at this stage I'd say Toledo is better than any team in the Big East and that the MAC is better then the Big East as a conference. I know....taint saying much but at least their a BCS subdivision team. I wouldn't sell the MAC short. They have produced some good teams in the past.

Next on the agenda is Florida!

We had our fill of pork, now for some gator meat. Blackened? Gumbo? Fried?

Where is Topper? Has he joined the "Get rid of Les Miles" club yet?

Les Miles has to be the luckiest coach in the NCAA history.

Back