"Unconstitutional" Coast Guard to the rescue

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
G

Guns Guns Guns

The Coast Guard says the crew has abandoned a tall ship in distress off North Carolina's Outer Banks as Hurricane Sandy swirls toward the East Coast.

Petty Officer 3rd Class David Weydert said Monday morning that the 17 people aboard the HMS Bounty have gotten into two lifeboats, wearing survival suits and life jackets.

Weydert says the Coast Guard is trying to determine whether to use cutters or helicopters to rescue the crew.

The ship was about 90 miles southeast of Hatteras, N.C., when the ship's owner called saying she'd lost contact with the crew Sunday night.

The 180-foot, three-masted ship is a replica of one made famous in the film "Mutiny on the Bounty" and was featured in that movie.

Weydert says the ship has been is taking on water and is without propulsion.

http://www.wgme.com/template/inews_wire/wires.national/314bf3a0-www.wgme.com.shtml

The Coast Guard is working to rescue the crew of the HMS Bounty, a 180-foot, three-mast tall ship which was last marked about 90 miles southeast of Hatteras.

Just before 7:00 a.m., the Coast Guard aircraft crews were pulling the people off the life rafts.

So far, the first helicopter bringing survivors from the lifeboats is headed back to land.

A post on the HMS Bounty Facebook page noted at 7:10 a.m. that the ship is still upright and intact.

The 17 people on board the Bounty were forced to the life rafts just before 5 a.m. because the ship was sinking.

The Coast Guard earlier indicated there were 16 people on board but have revised that number to 17.

The Bounty's last position was about 160 miles from Hurricane Sandy's eye.

The Coast Guard sent a C-130 and two rescue helicopters, HH60s, to rescue the crew.

The Bounty was built for a 1962 film and has been featured in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies.

http://www.witn.com/news/headlines/...Lifeboats-Off-NC-Coast-176228331.html?ref=331

How sad it is to me when a ship like that sinks... I hope everyone survives and is rescued. Go unconstitutional Coast Guard!!! You rock!!!

How sad it is to me when a ship like that sinks... I hope everyone survives and is rescued. Go unconstitutional Coast Guard!!! You rock!!!

SmarterThanFew says the Coast Guard is unconstitutional.

SmarterThanFew says the Coast Guard is unconstitutional.

No he doesn't. He says that searches on private property without due cause or a warrant is unconstitutional. This is a classic case of obvious reductio ad absurdam. People think it is easy to defeat an idea by simply avoiding the idea, exaggerating, and then arguing about something else.

It is, however, simple logical fallacy.

The title of his thread said it so how doesn't that qualify. My gawd all you people have is parsing...no backup, no real argument of facts just parsing. What puny intellects!

They've rescued all but three of the crew and the ship sank.

No he doesn't. He says that searches on private property without due cause or a warrant is unconstitutional. This is a classic case of obvious reductio ad absurdam. People think it is easy to defeat an idea by simply avoiding the idea, exaggerating, and then arguing about something else.

It is, however, simple logical fallacy.

Cunning linguistics cannot save a fallacious argument!!

Back