Veterans Day, 2015

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
For those who chose to stand and protect our freedoms, we give thanks.

eagleflagfireworks.jpg

I salute my husband, the racists, who experienced things in Vietnam that no human should have to endure.

I also salute all those who serve and especially those who serve in wars.

The first veterans day my dad hasn't been around to celebrate. I miss him.

LT, just keep your hero out of this thread. I'd prefer insanity like Watermark to your nonsense hero worship.

I thought it was faction?

Overly broad interpretation of Madison's point. "Liberty is to Faction What Air is to Fire” - James Madison

You can't place to hard of a limit on factions without destroying freedom. One of the biggest things that lead to total dictatorship in the Soviet Union was Lenin's prohibition on factions. Stalin was able to use this to accuse any opposition that emerged to him of "forming a faction", and banning them because of that.

Overly broad interpretation of Madison's point. "Liberty is to Faction What Air is to Fire” - James Madison

You can't place to hard of a limit on factions without destroying freedom. One of the biggest things that lead to total dictatorship in the Soviet Union was Lenin's prohibition on factions. Stalin was able to use this to accuse any opposition that emerged to him of "forming a faction", and banning them because of that.
Actually I was referring to Lincolns famous quote "it has always been the fate of republics to be destroyed by faction."

I salute my husband, the racists, who experienced things in Vietnam that no human should have to endure.

I also salute all those who serve and especially those who serve in wars.

The first veterans day my dad hasn't been around to celebrate. I miss him.

I am going back to Vietnam in February for Tết Nguyên Đán, you should go there and see for yourself what is going on in modern Vietnam.

I am going back to Vietnam in February for Tết Nguyên Đán, you should go there and see for yourself what is going on in modern Vietnam.

It wouldn't go over very well, seeing as how her husband refers to Asians as "gooks" and she enables him to do so. :palm:

We have talked about making the trip at some time. He has an interest in seeing it in a different light.

Opposition to the ruling party is a de facto faction. Lenin is responsible for Stalin.

Back