Vigils For Illegals

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/19/immigration.activist.ap/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- An illegal immigrant who stayed in an Illinois church for a year to avoid separation from her 8-year-old son, a U.S. citizen, was arrested Sunday and was being processed for deportation.

Ummmm, is it just me or could she just as easily take her son back with her. Why are acting like the US is forcing her to keep her son here.

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- An illegal immigrant who stayed in an Illinois church for a year to avoid separation from her 8-year-old son, a U.S. citizen, was arrested Sunday and was being processed for deportation.

Ummmm, is it just me or could she just as easily take her son back with her. Why are acting like the US is forcing her to keep her son here.
She can. There is also the matter of the father, who could also care for the boy.

They don't say it, but those are checked against the database to work at O'Hare. Therefore, she not only had a fraudulent one, it was a stolen identity.

The article I read linked to Drudge said she had one Damo.

Yes perhaps she should have gone to prison before being deported.

The article I read linked to Drudge said she had one Damo.

Yes perhaps she should have gone to prison before being deported.
It doesn't say that it was a stolen identity, it says "fraudulent SS Card", one can fake a card and that would be fraudulent, however one cannot do that while working at O'Hare, it had to also be a stolen identity as the name and number must match.

It doesn't say that it was a stolen identity, it says "fraudulent SS Card", one can fake a card and that would be fraudulent, however one cannot do that while working at O'Hare, it had to also be a stolen identity as the name and number must match.

I did not say stolen ID ...Umm I think you said that.

shame shame ....

I did not say stolen ID ...Umm I think you said that.

shame shame ....
It was my POINT. I stated that the story doesn't say that it was a stolen identity, but it had to be for her to work at O'Hare as they check the numbers against the database for name/number match!

Man, catch up!

you are assuming that airport security is doing it's job.

have you not read of all the illegals in airports, govt jobs, etc that have been rounded up over the last couple of years.

There's not enough information in the article to say.

Her son in an american citizen. Is it easy for american citizens to go to mexico and take up permanent residence there? Or, are there legal barriers to that?

I don't know the whole story here, but it seems to me she ws one of those who was trying to take advantage of the law that made her son a citizen and wanted rights because of it. Mny people get away with it, tho I opppose it, but she apparently tried to push it by becoming and activist, and got caughyt. TOUGH! The law allows the baby born here to be a citizen, but does NOT provide the parents of the child any special privileges. Unfortunately, those provisions have been "erroneously" provided to a good many illegals.

Her choice was to keep her mouth shut, or abide by the law. she apparently did neither. IMHO, She should take her son home with her. He would then be a dual citizen.

It was my POINT. I stated that the story doesn't say that it was a stolen identity, but it had to be for her to work at O'Hare as they check the numbers against the database for name/number match!

Man, catch up!

Jesus Christ you two will fight about anything!

I don't know the whole story here, but it seems to me she ws one of those who was trying to take advantage of the law that made her son a citizen and wanted rights because of it. Mny people get away with it, tho I opppose it, but she apparently tried to push it by becoming and activist, and got caughyt. TOUGH! The law allows the baby born here to be a citizen, but does NOT provide the parents of the child any special privileges. Unfortunately, those provisions have been "erroneously" provided to a good many illegals.

Her choice was to keep her mouth shut, or abide by the law. she apparently did neither. IMHO, She should take her son home with her. He would then be a dual citizen.

Who cares if she stays here or not? I don't. I can't see why you'd spend so much energy trying to send her to Mexico for no reason.

How much energy is doniston spending on this?
I wrote a response. and if a person shoplifts and no no catches them, they are home free, if they brag about it, they are likely to pay the penalty. this woman apparently brought attention to hereself.

Me personally, I would have issued she an ID CARD, and fined her for past Taxes due.

Back