Vista is idiotically complicated sometimes

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
In order to share my C: with the rest of the computers in my home over the wireless network, I have to open up computer, right click on C:, go to "share", set permissions for everyone, then go to security, which refuses to display permission for everyone automatically so I have to set the fucking thing up myself, thanks Vista, no way in hell I would want to share the drive with my other computers, that's a crazy idea, thanks for protecting me from myself, so I have to go to "edit", and then "add", and then "advanced, and then I have to click "find now" to find the user "everyone", and add it to the list of users that can access the C: that I mentioned at the beginning, click "OK" on the thirty or so windows I've just opened, and then set permissions to full on the first one.

And it still doesn't let the other computers access my "program files" folder, or my music folder in my user folder. Fucking faggots. Goddamn them. Damn them to hell. 10 extra points if you can count how many times I had to click "advanced" to get there.

Last edited:
XP does have that.

but it does not really keep others for hitting it.
And many progs install on icons all desktops not just yours.
And even deleting a prog icon from one desktop will delete from all desktops sometimes. Have not figured that one out yet.

but it does not really keep others for hitting it.
And many progs install on icons all desktops not just yours.
And even deleting a prog icon from one desktop will delete from all desktops sometimes. Have not figured that one out yet.

Yeah, UAC is a feature of vista, you can't make your folders secure. But you could probably password protect them. I don't know how, as I don't have vista installed.

For some reason, you seem to have shared desktops. Don't know how you did that. :)

Yeah, UAC is a feature of vista, you can't make your folders secure. But you could probably password protect them. I don't know how, as I don't have vista installed.

For some reason, you seem to have shared desktops. Don't know how you did that. :)

Me neither , I have 3 different XP Pro setups and none are the same. all sp2 as well....
2 of them I set up from scratch, and thought I did it the same way. Differnet XP CD's though and of course legal.
the other one was set up by my client on a pC they sent me.

Last edited:
Nope ordered them over the net for about 125 to 150 each.
but they are legit MS origionals with keycodes.

Back