was there ever any doubt this would happen?

next will be forced population control (abortions)...........
Unlikely. As prosperity and technological sophistication increase birthrate tends to decrease. Tends quite strongly to decrease, in fact. We've been at effective ZPG here in the U.S. for some time now, apart from imigration, and so has Western Europe.

As China and India move into the modern world, traditional pressure toward large families will lose force. Of course, their per capita carbon load will increase, so the net effect is likely to be negative rather than positive.

What about all the methane produced by termites ? On a pound basis there are more termites than humans on the planet.

I guess I will have to put cowtailitic converters on my cows....

I noticed where the animal rights groups were quick to back thei report. I guess they dont realize we will have to kill the critters to reduce the emissions :D

Make sure Darla see's this thread ...she was all over that Congress Woman for mentioning Dinosaur flatulence.

Make sure Darla see's this thread ...she was all over that Congress Woman for mentioning Dinosaur flatulence.

That's actually and apples and oranges comparison.

the number of cattle alive on the planet today, is far, far, far, greater than would be supported, or produced, in a natural ecosystem. I think there are 100 million cows in the U.S. alone. That's way more than a natural ecosytem would ever produce. Ergo, cow populations that are essentially man-made, and far in excess of what a natural ecosystem would support is essentially a man-made problem.

Dinosaur populations were limited by an natual equilibrium within a natural ecosystem. I seriously doubt there were 100 million T-Rex's roaming north america in the cretaceous.

Last edited:
That's actually and apples and oranges comparison.

the number of cattle alive on the planet today, is far, far, far, greater than would be supported, or produced, in a natural ecosystem. I think there are 100 million cows in the U.S. alone. That's way more than a natural ecosytem would ever produce. Ergo, cow populations that are essentially man-made, and far in excess of what a natural ecosystem would support is essentially a man-made problem.

Dinosaur populations were limited by an natual equilibrium within a natural ecosystem. I seriously doubt there were 100 million T-Rex's roaming north america in the cretaceous.

Lightn up Cypress.. it was meant to be a joke ....

but then again... comparing the Dinsaurs to Cows is apples and ranges when considering the size of each ... ;)

Back