Watching American History X For The First Time

AProudLefty

Black Kitty Ain't Happy
I'm watching the movie, "American History X". I cannot believe I haven't seen it. I'm almost halfway through it and I couldn't believe how much the main character sounds like our resident JPP posters. :whoa:

Very relevant today.

You kind of missed the point of the movie. What it was explaining was how the character (Ed Norton) came from being a sweet young boy whose father was shot by rioters during the unrest of LA 1992. It pointed out how the leader of a movement was able to exploit the young mans sorrow, and fan that into a full on hatred of all things black, to embrace the skinhead movement. Then there is the second half of the movie. Ed Norton catches two black guys breaking into his deceased fathers car or truck, cant remember, but after the incedant Ed Norton gos to prision, becomes estranged from the movement, then sees his little brother getting wrapped up in the movement. Does it remind me of Trumpkins? Maybe. Im watching how it gos for that kid who shot it out with those protesters. im curious to see how many MAGA people, especally the one who gave the kid the gun show up to support him.

I'm watching the movie, "American History X". I cannot believe I haven't seen it. I'm almost halfway through it and I couldn't believe how much the main character sounds like our resident JPP posters. :whoa:

Very relevant today.

I love that movie! I've watched it a bunch of times.

I love that movie! I've watched it a bunch of times.

That's a great film I agree. Tony Kaye, the director didn't share that opinion though, he tried to get his name on the credits changed to Humpty Dumpty. He launched an unsuccessful lawsuit against New Line and the Directors Guild of America for not allowing him to do so.

Last edited:
Back