watermakr do you have a southern accent?

Mine comes out when I am around my family or other people with a southern accent. Other than that, you probably wouldn't notice.

Most young southerners these days here people speaking on the TV more than they here people in real life, and often even try to adjust their speaking accordingly. It has rather heavily softened the accent. You should see videos of people from the 60's in the south talking.

1. You have an accent.

2. You have a better singing voice than me. Unless it's metal.

1. Well, actually I wasn't seriously singing there. The original mix was pretty goddamn awful; but I threw in a another track with a hypercorrected autotuned version of my singing voice, which produces a nice chorusing effect and makes it sound better than it has any right too.

If you want to hear me singing seriously, there's another track at the bottom right called "Whisper" and if you skip past the first 25 seconds of incoherent mumbling there's me singing a chorus I've been playing around with.

2. Pretty much anyone can have a relatively decent singing voice. The only problem is that in our culture, anyone who sings and doesn't do so well is met with scorn that says "never do this ever again!" instead of an encouragement to just practice more and try harder. It creates a negative feedback loop where practically no one sings and everyone sucks at singing because they never really try.

Back