We can ALL use a break!

Taichiliberal

Shaken, not stirred!
We can all use a break from the hate, the anxiety .... all the guff of the daily grind.

I can't recall what triggered this memory, but this was from a LONG time ago when I was a teen ... when you had REAL diversity on the radio dial that you didn't have to pay for.

From 1973, Chuck Mangione featuring Esther Satterfield "The Land of Make Believe". THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE, KIDS! ENJOY!

We can all use a break from the hate, the anxiety .... all the guff of the daily grind.

I can't recall what triggered this memory, but this was from a LONG time ago when I was a teen ... when you had REAL diversity on the radio dial that you didn't have to pay for.

From 1973, Chuck Mangione featuring Esther Satterfield "The Land of Make Believe". THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE, KIDS! ENJOY!

One of my favorite songs...a feature on every device I have that produces music.

I have no recollection of this whatsoever. What year was this released?

The flugelhorn is a nice sounding instrument.
Many trumpeters and cornetists double on it, but my Rochester compare Mangione
is the only guy I can think of,
short of a British brass band member,
who made it his primary horn.

He and Sonny Scalisi from my old neighborhood, but none of you know Sonny,
and I don't even know if he's still with us.

He used to play with Ray Lessard's band at a strip club called Vic's up in Lawrence.
Yup, they had live music in those days.

The flugelhorn is a nice sounding instrument.
Many trumpeters and cornetists double on it, but my Rochester compare Mangione
is the only guy I can think of,
short of a British brass band member,
who made it his primary horn.

He and Sonny Scalisi from my old neighborhood, but none of you know Sonny,
and I don't even know if he's still with us.

He used to play with Ray Lessard's band at a strip club called Vic's up in Lawrence.
Yup, they had live music in those days.

Thanks for sharing.

Back