We can rest easy now recovery is just around the corner.

uscitizen

Villified User
Trade deficit ebbs as exports rise to record high

Jul 11, 6:04 PM (ET)

By JEANNINE AVERSA

WASHINGTON (AP) - The U.S. trade deficit narrowed in May as exports - including industrial supplies and consumer goods - climbed to all-time highs.

The latest snapshot of trade activity, reported by the Commerce Department on Friday, showed that the nation's trade gap, thanks largely to the declining dollar, decreased to $59.8 billion. That was down 1.2 percent from April's trade deficit and was the best showing since March.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080711/D91RTJB82.html

Yeah good news is that the tradefecit dropped to 59.8 BILLION.

Kinda like the gator only bit your leg of at the knee.
Weak good news. Or perhaps just less bad ?

The reasons behind our trade deficit going down are not good US. A trade deficit isn't a bad thing. It just means we're in debt. It going down right now because of a weak dollar and a tumbling economy is nothing to brag about.

The reasons behind our trade deficit going down are not good US. A trade deficit isn't a bad thing. It just means we're in debt. It going down right now because of a weak dollar and a tumbling economy is nothing to brag about.
Trade Deficits do not mean we are in debt. They solely mean we are importing more than we export.

Trade Deficits do not mean we are in debt. They solely mean we are importing more than we export.

Exactly. Trade deficits are clearly something Watermark didn't have time to go find someone else's opinion about, and then regurgitate them here as if they were his own.

He was waaay off.

When the job market is flush is what I like to see.

Yeah that is a necessity in a 2/3 conspmer spending based economy.
However the neos seemed to think a "jobless recovery" with stagnant wages was possible. Did not long last did it ? And the price for their folly will be high.

Trade deficits are mostly caused by our external debt. It's a concept too complex for you to understand. Although I do realize I worded it in a way that seemed to indicate I was saying that trade deficit literally was our debt, that's not what I meant.

Back