Weather/Christmas Dinner...?

Battleborne

Terminator
Damn just back from a beer run...the temperature out is 36 degrees the sun is out almost feels like spring...after the single digits of last week...took the Dodge outta 4 wheel drive first time in over 10 days...
At any rate it was a nice spring drive to the local market....!

So what are y'all having for Christmas dinner? I am tired as hell of Turkey and Ham...so I am going to break the rules and go with a Prime rib roast...Potatoes roasted with spice...and the old stand by Green bean cassarole...for cheer... skip the egg nog and go with maybe Irish cream or Texas tea...:cof1:

Damn just back from a beer run...the temperature out is 36 degrees the sun is out almost feels like spring...after the single digits of last week...took the Dodge outta 4 wheel drive first time in over 10 days...
At any rate it was a nice spring drive to the local market....!

So what are y'all having for Christmas dinner? I am tired as hell of Turkey and Ham...so I am going to break the rules and go with a Prime rib roast...Potatoes roasted with spice...and the old stand by Green bean cassarole...for cheer... skip the egg nog and go with maybe Irish cream or Texas tea...:cof1:

Beef Tenderloin roast with horseradish sauce. Honey Baked Ham. Mashed and Au Gratin potatoes. 4 veggies, 4 salads. Appetizers are the main player at Christmas, dinner is the sideshow. 12-15 Shrimp for Cocktails. Scallops wrapped in bacon. Spinach in fillo. Numereous dips from cheese to humus. Swedish meatballs and chicken wings.

Desserts are Eli's cheesecake, Yule Log, French Silk, Cherry and Apple Pie.

Reds, Whites, champagnes for wines. Oh yeah, Asti for my SIL. Beers, Scotch for the guys. Spiked egg nog and pop for the 'easy does it' crowd. Bailey's and coffee for the desserts.

Damn................

Beef Tenderloin roast with horseradish sauce. Honey Baked Ham. Mashed and Au Gratin potatoes. 4 veggies, 4 salads. Appetizers are the main player at Christmas, dinner is the sideshow. 12-15 Shrimp for Cocktails. Scallops wrapped in bacon. Spinach in fillo. Numereous dips from cheese to humus. Swedish meatballs and chicken wings.

Desserts are Eli's cheesecake, Yule Log, French Silk, Cherry and Apple Pie.

Reds, Whites, champagnes for wines. Oh yeah, Asti for my SIL. Beers, Scotch for the guys. Spiked egg nog and pop for the 'easy does it' crowd. Bailey's and coffee for the desserts.

The hell with the kids...can I come to your house...?Ya are doing much better than I...I like your menu mo betta...I'm hungry!

now the question becomes..would it be worth the ride?:D

If you want good food, good company, yes. Looking for anything beyond that, :BKick::argue::ouch::fart: is that clear enough? With all that said, you are welcome for food and conversation. Let me know though, the kiddie table would have to grow.

LOL..............

If you want good food, good company, yes. Looking for anything beyond that, :BKick::argue::ouch::fart: is that clear enough? With all that said, you are welcome for food and conversation. Let me know though, the kiddie table would have to grow.

Fair enough kathy...dinner is a callin' must depart from all this fun...however we and I mean all we..would really like to know what ya look like...I mean all the guys in jpp...we are after all visual guys(cippie excepted for obvious reasons)..if not cool thats okay..your menu is a great one...maybe I will skip desert though...sorry but the guy in me is very visual..Have a very 'Merry Christmas' all moms deserve one...bye bye...!:)

Fair enough kathy...dinner is a callin' must depart from all this fun...however we and I mean all we..would really like to know what ya look like...I mean all the guys in jpp...we are after all visual guys(cippie excepted for obvious reasons)..if not cool thats okay..your menu is a great one...maybe I will skip desert though...sorry but the guy in me is very visual..Have a very 'Merry Christmas' all moms deserve one...bye bye...!:)

You too BB. For the record, I'm 52, with light brown/grey hair. 5'2" almost, about 105. Meaner than a junkyard dog, unless I like you. Clear enough?

LOL.........

You too BB. For the record, I'm 52, with light brown/grey hair. 5'2" almost, about 105. Meaner than a junkyard dog, unless I like you. Clear enough?

I like you... very blunt indeed..5'2' eyes of blue 102 is knowing you...52 not a bad year either...ya are keeping it together by your description...so thats a plus...Have a great night kathy...ya are the girl of all our dreams...that is straight guys...lol
Gotta run..tis been fun...!:)

I like you... very blunt indeed..5'2' eyes of blue 102 is knowing you...52 not a bad year either...ya are keeping it together by your description...so thats a plus...Have a great night kathy...ya are the girl of all our dreams...that is straight guys...lol
Gotta run..tis been fun...!:)

Thanks BB, yeah eyes of blue and the brown hair used to be red. Problem was, over age gets a bit highlighting the wrinkles, rather than the hair. ;)

On the other hand, I own my own home and not asking anyone for anything.

Merry Christmas!

Back