Well... It's been a year and the Union is back...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Hired used car salesmen have entered the building.

I have only one question. If they really are that good for us, why would they need to hire the salesmen to begin with?

Unions like most everything else are not what they used to be.
Definitely. I have members of this particular union approaching me and warning me away. It's weird. Of course they do it singly so their contemporaries won't notice.

Definitely. I have members of this particular union approaching me and warning me away. It's weird. Of course they do it singly so their contemporaries won't notice.

They obviously remember what happened to Jimmy Hoffa.

Don't you want to be a pawn of the mob? It might be quite exciting.

They obviously remember what happened to Jimmy Hoffa.

Don't you want to be a pawn of the mob? It might be quite exciting.
I prefer the vague feeling of unease I get when walking into work as one of a bit less than 200 in a company of 50,000 that are not in the union...

I prefer the vague feeling of unease I get when walking into work as one of a bit less than 200 in a company of 50,000 that are not in the union...

I suppose it's a bit of a toss up either way.

If the company are intent on 'modernisation', some say sacking people, are they going to get rid of the non-union staff first to avoid upsetting the union or sack the union staff as they usually cause more trouble?

I'd just make sure all your bosses know that you're armed to the teeth and see you twitching every now and again.

I suppose it's a bit of a toss up either way.

If the company are intent on 'modernisation', some say sacking people, are they going to get rid of the non-union staff first to avoid upsetting the union or sack the union staff as they usually cause more trouble?

I'd just make sure all your bosses know that you're armed to the teeth and see you twitching every now and again.
LOL. Well, so far they have shut down 7 sites, all of them union, ours... Well, we are still here.

Back