Well it's not all bad

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
It's pretty sad for OSU's football team that were all ready talking basketball up here but this may be the year the Buckeyes take it all on the court. They just absolutely anhilated Duke last night (ranked #3). It wasn't even a contest. The Bucks were up by 19 at the half! The Big 10 is looking pretty strong across the board too. So far they are 4-2 in the Big 10/ACC challenge. The ACC is usually the best conference in BBall.

Not all bad, you just hired football royalty that will not only restore buckeye nation; he will far exceed the vest.

Meyer is a great coach. Whether he can convince recruits he will stay and whether he can repeat what he did at FL remains to be seen.

I predict he will hold recuits in shithole Ohio, and will bring a ton from fla.
LOL He probably will and the funny thing is, the moribound rednecks in this state will be pissed off that he's recruiting talent from outside the state. I know a lot of people up here who think our football team should only be composed of native Buckeyes. I personally think the people who condone that sort of inbreeding are just plain stupid but there are a lot of them out there and they will get pissed at Meyer over that but what the hell....the cup never gets full in Columbus. If he doesn't win all his games by 100 pts and win a national championship every year then there will be a lot of idiots here in Ohio who will be pissed off at him. The trick here in Ohio is not to do what John Cooper did and say the truth and point out that they are idiots. LOL

Wow! The Big10 went 8-4 against the ACC in the Big10/ACC Challenge. Either the Big10 is very strong in roundball this year or this is an off year for the ACC.

you guys have a very talented young QB, Urban sounded very excited.
Que jump pass and vear option
I sure as hell hope Meyer doesn't Tebow him. I watched Miller play high school ball and he can pass the ball far better than Pryor could. That's one of my main concerns with Meyer as a coach. He's never really developed a quality passing QB. Though both Tressel and Meyer proved you don't need a great QB at the college level to win a championship.

yup people will bitch that a Rolls Royce is the wrong color.
Meyer won 2 championships without pro style QB's (those guys are rare indeed).
He won big at Utah and Bowling Green, if Buckeye fan can't get juiced on that ya'll are done.

yup people will bitch that a Rolls Royce is the wrong color.
Meyer won 2 championships without pro style QB's (those guys are rare indeed).
He won big at Utah and Bowling Green, if Buckeye fan can't get juiced on that ya'll are done.
He turned traitor though. That's not easily forgiven.

I'd also say about Meyer that I'd rather see Tressels kind of dominance, # of BCS Bowl apperances and BCS Bowl wins, year in and year out like he did vs 2 great national championship years and 8 mediocre ones.

Meyer will get the same deal as any OSU coach. 4 years. If at the end of those 4 years he hasn't beaten michigan twice and he doesnt' win the Leaders division twice, he'll be gone.

On close scrutiny Meyer isn't the football god you think his is. Yea he won two national championships and played another BCS bowl. He was 64-11 with 3 BCS bowls and two conference titles. Tressel was 67-11 in that same time with 6 straight BCS bowl appearances and 6 straight conference championships and he was able to out distance Meyers in terms of raising money for his program.

Now if you want to argue about Meyer coaching in the supposedly stronger SEC that doesn't hold water as he coached in the far weaker SEC east, a division he should have easily dominated all six years but didn't. Add on to that Meyer had a disturbing inability to beat Auborn (0-3) and Alabama (2-3). So the truth is Urban had 3 good years at FSU and 3 mediocre years at FSU.

If I had to chose between having Meyer as my head coach and having Tressel back I'd take Tressel in a heart beat.

Last edited:
yes in a morons mind he might be a traitor
In an educated fan's (do ya'll have any) mind you got football royalty blessing your field.

Back