Well, I've went and built it...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Now, let's see if I can get some bees to stay in it.

It was easier, but more time consuming, than I thought it would be to build a hive. Let's see if my work pays off now.

I'll be painting it up and making it look nice as this will be one that will be on my own property, and not far out on somebody else's farmland like some future hives will be placed.

The whole family has been tested for allergies to stinging bugs, none of us have any sign of such an allergy. Although I have found many allergies I had no idea I had. And yes, I am still allergic to potatoes...

Now, let's see if I can get some bees to stay in it.

It was easier, but more time consuming, than I thought it would be to build a hive. Let's see if my work pays off now.

I'll be painting it up and making it look nice as this will be one that will be on my own property, and not far out on somebody else's farmland like some future hives will be placed.

The whole family has been tested for allergies to stinging bugs, none of us have any sign of such an allergy. Although I have found many allergies I had no idea I had. And yes, I am still allergic to potatoes...

Oh my god potatoe (a nod to Quail) allergies?

What would this Irish girl do?

Do you have to use non toxic paint?

Oh my god potatoe (a nod to Quail) allergies?

What would this Irish girl do?

Do you have to use non toxic paint?
No, I don't have to. The paint will dry, and it is on the outside anyway. However, I've used non-toxic materials to build it, I can't see why I'd change that practice on the paint job...

Cool Damo, but alergic to potatoes ?
You are without a doubt an alien.

BTW saw a sho on Bees last night on PBS, talking about the loss of bees, it is not just here. But in one area of China where pesticides wiped out bees long ago they pollenate Pears by hand.

New Jobs :woot:

Vegetarians especially should worry about this.

Last edited:
Damo, life is not worth living without potatoes.

The Irish Girl

PS Got a pic on the hive?

I'll seek out one of our cameras. And take some pictures... Next one maybe I'll do a step by step account.

And I'll definitely get some pictures of the hive once it is alive and kicking!

Back