Well

Cancel7

Banned
I had a fabulous weekend. Saturday was girl's day, we went for facials and cosmos. For some reason I decided to blow a hundred and fifty dollars highlighting my auburn hair with a soft copper color , and it has never looked more beautiful. Yesterday at a barbeque my bf and I went to, a friend of my sister-in-law's who I have known for years said to me, boy everyone ages but not you. And really, it's so true.

And now, having done some light perusing of the board, I am about to go where angels (and god knows the rest of you pussies) fear to tread.

Wish me luck!

ps - little historical tidbit. I was reading a biography of Queen Elizabeth the first and guess what? It was quite the fashion for high-bred women, including her, to curse like truckdrivers back then.

I always knew I would have liked her.

I had a fabulous weekend. Saturday was girl's day, we went for facials and cosmos. For some reason I decided to blow

Continue.

a hundred and fifty dollars highlighting my auburn hair with a soft copper color , and it has never looked more beautiful.

Well that's awesome.

Yesterday at a barbeque my bf and I went to, a friend of my sister-in-law's who I have known for years said to me, boy everyone ages but not you. And really, it's so true.

This is probably the least self-congratulatory post I've ver seen.

And now, having done some light perusing of the board, I am about to go where angels (and god knows the rest of you pussies) fear to tread.

Angels never fear to tread anywhere.

ps - little historical tidbit. I was reading a biography of Queen Elizabeth the first and guess what? It was quite the fashion for high-bred women, including her, to curse like truckdrivers back then.

You read to much. Women should be doing housework and making babies for their men.

I had a fabulous weekend. Saturday was girl's day, we went for facials and cosmos. For some reason I decided to blow a hundred and fifty dollars highlighting my auburn hair with a soft copper color , and it has never looked more beautiful. Yesterday at a barbeque my bf and I went to, a friend of my sister-in-law's who I have known for years said to me, boy everyone ages but not you. And really, it's so true.

Wish me luck!

I always preferred her sister, but she definitely lucked out with the winter storm destroying the Spanish Armada. Her schemes usually panned out on the basis of her own skill and brilliance, but that one incident--which she had zero control over--was a make/break event in her legacy. Instead of being the queen that let England be conquered, she has the Elizabethan Renaissance and getting the country out of the mess her idiot father left it in to be remembered for.

FYI I think Henry VIII was a total douchebag with no redeeming qualities. Kind of like an English version of Andrew Jackson. They both founded idiot cults as well...

I always preferred her sister, but she definitely lucked out with the winter storm destroying the Spanish Armada. Her schemes usually panned out on the basis of her own skill and brilliance, but that one incident--which she had zero control over--was a make/break event in her legacy. Instead of being the queen that let England be conquered, she has the Elizabethan Renaissance and getting the country out of the mess her idiot father left it in to be remembered for.

FYI I think Henry VIII was a total douchebag with no redeeming qualities. Kind of like an English version of Andrew Jackson. They both founded idiot cults as well...

Her sister Queen Mary, who burned Protestants at the stake? She was a religious fanatic, so I guess I can see why you would prefer her if you are a conservative republican. You guys kind of wish you could burn heretic liberals at the stake don’t you?

As for King Henry VIII, he has fans most likely because he divorced, tossed out and even beheaded his various wives, for younger and younger women. Kind of like Donald Trump, only Trump isn’t allowed to behead them anymore, and has to pay alimony. So you know, he can only wish.

Her sister Queen Mary, who burned Protestants at the stake? She was a religious fanatic, so I guess I can see why you would prefer her if you are a conservative republican. You guys kind of wish you could burn heretic liberals at the stake don’t you?

As for King Henry VIII, he has fans most likely because he divorced, tossed out and even beheaded his various wives, for younger and younger women. Kind of like Donald Trump, only Trump isn’t allowed to behead them anymore, and has to pay alimony. So you know, he can only wish.

I actually kind of feel for 'Bloody' Mary. She was only a product of her environment. I mean her father basically threw her away for political purposes when she was young. She was almost made for political treachery.

Are you watching the second season of the tudors? They actually do a good portrayal of the budding of their relationship.

I was being sarcastic about Mary. She had the opportunity to prevent Catholicism from becoming an illegal and persecuted faith but decided instead to get revenge for all the Catholics that had been killed under her two predecesors. I guess that's what I respect about her - she gets called "Bloody" because she was a religious minority (while Henry and Edward were not), and probably because she was a queen rather than a king...

911 was what got the people by and large to support the Iraq invasion. And still support it becuase it is keeping us so safe from more terrorist attacks.

I was being sarcastic about Mary. She had the opportunity to prevent Catholicism from becoming an illegal and persecuted faith but decided instead to get revenge for all the Catholics that had been killed under her two predecesors. I guess that's what I respect about her - she gets called "Bloody" because she was a religious minority (while Henry and Edward were not), and probably because she was a queen rather than a king...

I actually feel empathy for everyone in Henry VIII's immediate circle. Particularly his kids.

I actually feel empathy for everyone in Henry VIII's immediate circle. Particularly his kids.

I’m going to pick up Season I of the tudors now that you said all this. I meant to a couple of weeks ago when I first heard about it. I am so into the whole Tudor thing right now, so I have to get that.

Back