We're #1!!!!! Go Jersey!!!!

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index.ssf?/base/news-10/1165037889113800.xml&coll=1

The "wonders" of deregulation strike again!

"It marked the 16th time in 18 years New Jersey topped the list, despite state regulators relaxing auto insurance rules to attract more competition -- and presumably lower premiums -- in 2003."

Yeah. I thought of that too. It still sucks though. I don't think rates will ever go down here.

The "wonders" of deregulation strike again!

"It marked the 16th time in 18 years New Jersey topped the list, despite state regulators relaxing auto insurance rules to attract more competition -- and presumably lower premiums -- in 2003."
And do you really think having less competition decreases costs, you eternal dumbass?
Did you ever even take BASIC economics in your life cypriss?

The real problem here is the same as in many states run by Liberal Democrats which attempt "deregulation". They try out a very tiny amount of reform in reducing rules, jack up more regulations and taxes like always and then when it (predictably) fails, blame the free market or "deregulation".
Same with California, with "deregulating" the energy market, where they actually put in price caps which severely curtailed any incentive to go in and compete. But instead they try and blame deregulation or Enron (forgetting of course that MANY other states deregulated and put up with Enron and did not have the massive troubles that Cali did.
Massachusetts is another example, with high regulations, low competition and thus very high rates:
http://www.chicagoboyz.net/archives/003724.html

Another example, this is exactly what the left has done with healthcare - no industry has found itself more regulated in the last few decades and none has seen it's costs go up more. Yet when pressed for what to do to fix it, leftists LIE and blame the "free market" rather than trying to undo all the government red tape and regulation they have piled on the industry.

It's so much easier to be a Liberal in life, all you have to do is make simple one-line blames using buzzwords like 'deregulation', 'Enron' or 'profit' over and over and over again until you play off people's built-up negative emotions on those words, as if they somehow constitute an argument.
Cypriss, you are one sad fucking piece of shit and there is no one on this forum whose face I'd rather smash in.

Yet when pressed for what to do to fix it, leftists LIE and blame the "free market" rather than trying to undo all the government red tape and regulation they have piled on the industry.

Just like you and your ilk like to claim the free market is the answer to all problems. As you can clearly see it is not and doesn't not lead to lower prices.

And do you really think having less competition decreases costs, you eternal dumbass?
Did you ever even take BASIC economics in your life cypriss?

The real problem here is the same as in many states run by Liberal Democrats which attempt "deregulation". They try out a very tiny amount of reform in reducing rules, jack up more regulations and taxes like always and then when it (predictably) fails, blame the free market or "deregulation".
Same with California, with "deregulating" the energy market, where they actually put in price caps which severely curtailed any incentive to go in and compete. But instead they try and blame deregulation or Enron (forgetting of course that MANY other states deregulated and put up with Enron and did not have the massive troubles that Cali did.
Massachusetts is another example, with high regulations, low competition and thus very high rates:
http://www.chicagoboyz.net/archives/003724.html

Another example, this is exactly what the left has done with healthcare - no industry has found itself more regulated in the last few decades and none has seen it's costs go up more. Yet when pressed for what to do to fix it, leftists LIE and blame the "free market" rather than trying to undo all the government red tape and regulation they have piled on the industry.

It's so much easier to be a Liberal in life, all you have to do is make simple one-line blames using buzzwords like 'deregulation', 'Enron' or 'profit' over and over and over again until you play off people's built-up negative emotions on those words, as if they somehow constitute an argument.
Cypriss, you are one sad fucking piece of shit and there is no one on this forum whose face I'd rather smash in.

Wow. Get yourself into an anger management program...before it ends up being court-ordered.

Just like you and your ilk like to claim the free market is the answer to all problems. As you can clearly see it is not and doesn't not lead to lower prices.
Did you even read anything I wrote? What free market? Reducing some regulations, while vastly increasing others is not "deregulation" and is sure as hell a long way from anything resembling a "free market".

But what the fuck do I care, it's your state, you keep electing Liberal Democrats and you'll notice that things cost more, which means you will have less lifestyle less kids and a better future for America.

LOL! It's so true. It's just like Dixie, you read his first sentence "Well, according to the Pinheads" and then you just kind of skip down to the next post, and you say something, and he starts whining "Didn't you read my post". Uh, no. I have a life, sorry.

Yeah. Its pretty much been the same thing since I can remember. Free markets = good /regulation = evil/ all of the worlds ills are caused by liberals/liberals aren't nearly as moral as conservatives yada yada yada. And you're right.

He's right, I didn't bother. I'm sure whatever he said fits one of the descriptions I put above.

Did you even read anything I wrote? What free market? Reducing some regulations, while vastly increasing others is not "deregulation" and is sure as hell a long way from anything resembling a "free market".

But what the fuck do I care, it's your state, you keep electing Liberal Democrats and you'll notice that things cost more, which means you will have less lifestyle less kids and a better future for America.

if New Jersey has less kids why is it the most densely populated state??

:tongout:

Yeah. Its pretty much been the same thing since I can remember. Free markets = good /regulation = evil/ all of the worlds ills are caused by liberals/liberals aren't nearly as moral as conservatives yada yada yada. And you're right.

He's right, I didn't bother. I'm sure whatever he said fits one of the descriptions I put above.
So why are you here? Is this a debate site?
Not that what you're saying surprises me, it just validates why I come here barely at all anymore.

So why are you here? Is this a debate site?
Not that what you're saying surprises me, it just validates why I come here barely at all anymore.

OH, I do still debate on occassion. Its just that you've become a parrot. Most people over the years have changed somewhat on their views and can admit when they are wrong. You however don't. Its not fun debating with a brick wall.

Back