Westworld

i was waiting on reviews before i end up plot committing myself to something. It was hard for me to figure out what type of show it is. Western? Future stuff with AI? wtf? I have't seen it yet, but people seem to like it

i was waiting on reviews before i end up plot committing myself to something. It was hard for me to figure out what type of show it is. Western? Future stuff with AI? wtf? I have't seen it yet, but people seem to like it
It's a spin off of a B movie made from a Michael Crichton novel. The novel is excellent sci-fi. My expectation is that they have probably dummied it down so a 10 year old can relate and so some hack actor can look cool. I have a sneaky hunch, other than the title, it has little relation to the book.

It's a spin off of a B movie made from a Michael Crichton novel. The novel is excellent sci-fi. My expectation is that they have probably dummied it down so a 10 year old can relate and so some hack actor can look cool. I have a sneaky hunch, other than the title, it has little relation to the book.

Michael Chricton is a hack, the more they differentiate from his writing the better.

This is also HBO. HBO doesn't do hackjobs with its adaptations.

Last edited:

It's about an amusement park in the future where people go to live out a fantasy of living in the wild west, with robots playing the roles of wild west figures.

It currently has a 9.4 rating on IMDB. Once it gets 25k ratings it will be the fifth or sixth highest rated show of all time, assuming it can maintain this.

Last edited:
For the TV series:

From what I understand the TV series makes some pretty significant departures. Plus they apparently have 5 seasons of material lined up.

The man in black, seen in the movie, is a robot for instance. While he's (apparently) a human in the TV series. And he's a thousand times more chilling.

Back