We've got money for this though

Cancel7

Banned
It wasn't just the gay bomb. Get a load of this crap that we are paying for. But we can't afford health care for all, sorry! Still, if your pain gets bad enough we might be able to "move you through mind control" to another location, perhaps Canada, and you can get treatment there!

Why isn't our entire government in prison?

Just three years ago, the military funded a specious study of psychic teleportation, according to the Federation of American Scientists. An 88-page report prepared by the Air Force Research Lab contended that moving through mind powers is "quite real and can be controlled."

Fringe Science Yields 'Gay Bombs' and Psychic Teleportation
Pentagon Spends $78 Billion a Year on Wacky Weapons Research
By SUSAN DONALDSON JAMES
June 21, 2007 —

Creating armor that renders a soldier invisible. Stimulating the brain to suppress sleep for days. Arming sharks with chemical implants and cameras to work as spies.

This year the Pentagon will spend $78 billion  about half of all government research dollars  on research that mimics science fiction, according to the Association for the Advancement for Science.

Just this month, the government confirmed that an Ohio Air Force laboratory had asked for $7.5 million to build a nonlethal "gay bomb," a weapon that would encourage enemies to make love, not war. The weapon would use strong aphrodisiacs to make enemy troops so sexually attracted to each other that they'd lose interest in fighting.

Last year, scientists at Boston University developed brain implants that could steer sharklike dog fish with a phantom odor.

Just three years ago, the military funded a specious study of psychic teleportation, according to the Federation of American Scientists. An 88-page report prepared by the Air Force Research Lab contended that moving through mind powers is "quite real and can be controlled."

There seems to be no failure of imagination in advancing warfare, but some experts fear these farfetched projects show a little too much imagination.

"The military has a lot of crazy ideas," said Noah Shactman, editor of the Wired blog Danger Room. "But it's hard to turn these ideas into action."

In her book "Imaginary Weapons," military expert Sharon Weinberger writes that the federal government is spending taxpayer money on war technology at a pace of about $50,000 per second.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=3299379&page=1

LOL

this kind of stuff has been going on for decades. I saw a show (history channel) about these pentagon programs. they paid people to sit around and try to mind-control goats, through psychic energy.

It's crazy stuff!

LOL

this kind of stuff has been going on for decades. I saw a show (history channel) about these pentagon programs. they paid people to sit around and try to mind-control goats, through psychic energy.

It's crazy stuff!

If it wasn't such an immoral waste of money, it'd be even funnier.

Trying to mind-f*ck goats now? That's fabulous. That's definitely what our military should be doing.

I wish I could get paid to attempt to mind-control goats through my awesome psychic ability.

Yeah, who doesn't? They could never prove you weren't getting anywhere.

The goat gets tired of you sitting there staring at him, turns around and walks to the other side of the room, you look at your boss and say "I told him to do that, it's working!"

that line about spending half of all govt research funds on stuff like this links back to the old argument about how our govt is not spending much on research and why we are falling behind in the world.

The goat gets tired of you sitting there staring at him, turns around and walks to the other side of the room, you look at your boss and say "I told him to do that, it's working!"

LOL, that sounds so republicanesque Darla.

Just like The Simpsons episode where they take their dog, Santa's Little Helper, to obedience training.

Back