What a Great Country

Cancel7

Banned
Is this a great country or not? I had no idea that this woman became a millionaire on this. And I definitely had no idea she was advertising lipsticks. Amazing.

Well, this certainly proves Top's point. Anyone can become rich in America, you just have to be a "go-getter".

Vice girl turned millionairess Divine Brown can't thank Hugh enough

He was in a white BMW convertible. She was standing on the sidewalk in scarlet stilettos. The place was Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles, the date June 27, 1995, the time around 1.10am - and one of the biggest showbusiness scandals of recent times was about to unfold.

Under different circumstances, we might never have discovered the identity of the celebrity who was later described as sounding like "the Prince of Wales"; or the hooker who performed a $60 (£37) "trick" for him.
Vice girl turned millionairess Divine Brown can't thank Hugh enough

But their encounter was interrupted by a tap on the window. The beam of a torch was shinning in their eyes and a voice was telling them to "please step out of the car".

Outside were two police officers. They were on a routine patrol in the red light district of the Strip. Their attention had been drawn to the BMW because the brake lights kept flashing "on and off" ... "on/off" ... "on/off "...

The driver, you see, kept pushing his foot down on the brake pedal during his illicit tryst with the prostitute. "I guess he was having a really good time," she says. The prostitute in question was Divine Brown and the foot belonged to Hugh Grant.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=466250&in_page_id=1879

Good for her!

Haha- if you read the whole article, it makes Hugh Grant look like a real cheapskate. ;)

thanks that's my point
I never said it was hard to get rich
a good Idea or a good plan and stick to it.:clink:

I know! To save 40 bucks, amazing. It is funny though. My grandma would have said, "penny wise and pound foolish".

lol- for real....The guy is a millionaire, and he's quibbling over 40 bucks with a prostitute? That fact alone, should have been the object of ridicule, moreso than the fact he even had this tryst. ;)

lol- for real....The guy is a millionaire, and he's quibbling over 40 bucks with a prostitute? That fact alone, should have been the object of ridicule, moreso than the fact he even had this tryst. ;)
It points more to the idea that he was excited about it being in a car, kind of a bit in the open. It speaks more to the idea that he was feeding a kink rather than attempting to save the cash. Or maybe he was trying to lessen his carbon imprint... you know, driving even further would have put more into the air than was absolutely necessary.

It points more to the idea that he was excited about it being in a car, kind of a bit in the open. It speaks more to the idea that he was feeding a kink rather than attempting to save the cash. Or maybe he was trying to lessen his carbon imprint... you know, driving even further would have put more into the air than was absolutely necessary.

Ok, the second part was funny.

The first part made me think, hmmm, that could be the case actually...and then I started speculating on how quickly and how well you were able to articulate that "kink".

Ok, the second part was funny.

The first part made me think, hmmm, that could be the case actually...and then I started speculating on how quickly and how well you were able to articulate that "kink".
Shhhh... I'm really Hugh Grant, in disguise of a grey-haired Colorado Boy.

Pretty funny.

No, I'm afraid Occums Razor principle applies here: the simplest answer is probably the correct one.

He was being a cheapskate. ;)

Pretty funny.

No, I'm afraid Occums Razor principle applies here: the simplest answer is probably the correct one.

He was being a cheapskate. ;)
Occam's razor rarely applies to human motivation. However, evidence suggests his millions would have made him less likely to want to "save the cash" and far more likely to want to be in a more private area. That he chose the way he did probably had a different motive than what is being ascribed.

"'He said me: "You're so gorgeous," she recalls. The actor then made a fateful decision. For $100 (£62) he could have enjoyed the privacy of Ms Brown's hotel room. But he said he only had $60. So she got into his car. This rather ill-advised cost-cutting measure by the millionaire star was to cost him more dearly than he could ever guess. "

priceless.

That really is a good story though.

Occam's razor rarely applies to human motivation. However, evidence suggests his millions would have made him less likely to want to "save the cash" and far more likely to want to be in a more private area. That he chose the way he did probably had a different motive than what is being ascribed.

Originally Posted by Cypress
Pretty funny.

He was being a cheapskate.

Seriously, is there nothing you two won't argue over? :)

Back