What Anthony Scalia sounds like on Crack Cocaine

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Here is the esteemed rightwing SCOTUS judge, citing a Hollywood-scenario from a Television show, as evidence for the need for torture.

WTF? This is supposed to be sound legal and analytical deduction? I couldn't present data and policy choices to management, if I used television shows to support my recommendations....I'd be laughed out of the room:

Senior judges from North America and Europe were in the midst of a panel discussion about torture and terrorism law, when a Canadian judge’s passing remark - “Thankfully, security agencies in all our countries do not subscribe to the mantra ‘What would Jack Bauer do?’ ” - got the legal bulldog in [Justice Antonin Scalia] barking.

The conservative jurist stuck up for Agent Bauer, arguing that fictional or not, federal agents require latitude in times of great crisis. “Jack Bauer saved Los Angeles. … He saved hundreds of thousands of lives,” Judge Scalia said. Then, recalling Season 2, where the agent’s rough interrogation tactics saved California from a terrorist nuke, the Supreme Court judge etched a line in the sand.

“Are you going to convict Jack Bauer?” Judge Scalia challenged his fellow judges. “Say that criminal law is against him? ‘You have the right to a jury trial?’ Is any jury going to convict Jack Bauer? I don’t think so.”

http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/

Here is the esteemed rightwing SCOTUS judge, citing a Hollywood-scenario from a Television show, as evidence for the need for torture.

WTF? This is supposed to be sound legal and analytical deduction? I couldn't present data and policy choices to management, if I used television shows to support my recommendations....I'd be laughed out of the room:

Oh, they are bug-shagging nuts alright. I have no doubt that he believes that Jack Bauer is a real person, and is just waiting for some "liberal moonbat" to file charges against him, so that he can write a decision on the "case".

For real LOL. Is he on crack? The way he's talking, it's like he thinks Jack Bauer is a real person, and that a story plot written by screen writers in Hollywood is how the real world acutally works.

Seriously, this is a man on drugs talking.

Back