What happened to Al Queda in Iraq?

Jarod

Contributor
Were they every really there?

Are they gone now?

Was it all just a lie to try to cover up the clear insurgency?

Bush never mentions them anymore....

Were they every really there?

Are they gone now?

Was it all just a lie to try to cover up the clear insurgency?

Bush never mentions them anymore....

wht are you talking about ?????

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/12/20/iraq.capture.ap/index.html

U.S. reports capture of al Qaeda in Iraq leader
POSTED: 11:58 a.m. EST, December 20, 2006
Story Highlights• Al Qaeda in Iraq leader captured in Mosul last week, U.S. military says
• Leader not identified; said to be responsible for hundreds of deaths
• Suspect coordinated car bombs, kidnappings in Baghdad, U.S. says
• Military says capture leads them closer to top al Qaeda in Iraq leader
Adjust font size:
BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) -- U.S.-led forces captured a senior al Qaeda leader who was responsible for hundreds of civilian deaths and housed foreign fighters who carried out suicide bombings, the U.S. military said Wednesday.

The leader, who was not identified, was arrested in a raid in Mosul on December 14, the military said in a statement.

"The terrorist leader was attempting to flee from the location when Coalition Forces chased him across a street and detained him," the statement said. (An unfiltered view of war in Iraq)

It said the suspect served as al Qaeda's military chief in Mosul in 2005, and then took up the same job in western Baghdad.

What happened to Al Queda in Iraq?

They're still there. Although Bush's Iraq Study Group says they're now mostly comprised of indigenous iraqis....so Bush created a viable Al Qaeda group in a country, where none existed before his war. Nice job Bush.

And the pentagon release a report yesterday, that said the militias involved in the iraqi civil war (the civil war bush created) are driving the violence, moreso than al qaeda in iraq. Again, nice job Bush.

What makes these "indignous" people Al Queda instead of insurgents? Because our government says so... without releasing any info?

What makes these "indignous" people Al Queda instead of insurgents? Because our government says so... without releasing any info?

ahh no, they claim it. why would somone call themselvs " the leader of AQ in iraq" if they wernt a part of AQ ?

ahh no, they claim it. why would somone call themselvs " the leader of AQ in iraq" if they wernt a part of AQ ?
Ego ? to impress a lady ? I dunno. All I know for certain is I don't trust the Bush administration to tell us the truth.

or maybe AQ is just all made up by bush... ya thats it... maybe the world is flat, just because they say its round dosnt mean it is...

allright ill stop being sarcastic

Bush just seems to be beginnning to realize that the insurgents are impacting our effort in Iraq. The shrub must need a new prescription ;)

Bush just seems to be beginnning to realize that the insurgents are impacting our effort in Iraq. The shrub must need a new prescription ;)

i dissagree, he has always accounted for em, maybe not their effectivness but as far as i recall they have been there from the getgo. now he is saing that they are becoming more of a problem then AQ. witch they are.

and also dont recall anyone saing that the insergents wernt a problem

i dissagree, he has always accounted for em, maybe not their effectivness but as far as i recall they have been there from the getgo. now he is saing that they are becoming more of a problem then AQ. witch they are.

and also dont recall anyone saing that the insergents wernt a problem

LMAO! Good one bob! You're on fire today!

The rest of us remember that for the first 6 to 8 months after Bagdad fell, Bush, Rumsfeld, Dixie, You, SR, and the rest of the bush cheerleaders were denying there even was an insurgency or guerilla war, You and Rumsfeld said it was just a handful of "dead enders".

Well just reading some recent bush quotes and it seems like it is news to him.
It took Bush a wile just to admit there were insurgents that were not AQ.

LMAO! Good one bob! You're on fire today!

The rest of us remember that for the first 6 to 8 months after Bagdad fell, Bush, Rumsfeld, Dixie, You, SR, and the rest of the bush cheerleaders were denying there even was an insurgency or guerilla war, You and Rumsfeld said it was just a handful of "dead enders".

i never denied that there was any insergents, prove me wrong

Back