What Happened to Georgia?

cawacko

They won 10 games like four out of six seasons or something like that. My sister went to Colorado so I always follow them but they have been horrible in recent years. Kal even smoked this year in Berkeley. All teams go through ups and downs but it seems like the bottom just fell out of the 'Dawgs this season.

They won 10 games like four out of six seasons or something like that. My sister went to Colorado so I always follow them but they have been horrible in recent years. Kal even smoked this year in Berkeley. All teams go through ups and downs but it seems like the bottom just fell out of the 'Dawgs this season.

They haven't played to the potential of their recruits in sevearl years. This year they claimed (at first) that losing AJ green for 4 games hurt them. But he was back and they still lost.

Its a down year for the SEC in general, and the SEC East in particular.

They haven't played to the potential of their recruits in sevearl years. This year they claimed (at first) that losing AJ green for 4 games hurt them. But he was back and they still lost.

Its a down year for the SEC in general, and the SEC East in particular.

Yeah, there's always ebbs and flows in college football with individual teams and with conferences.

are you on crack, 3 in the top 9 and no 1 is a down year?
LOFL
GA problem in 2 letters Q & B

According to the AP, the SEC has 2 in the top 10. Bama is #1 and Auburn is #8. Arkansas is #11 and LSU comes in at #12. Florida is #14.

And yes, this is a down year for the SEC. The past 4 or 5 years we have had at least 5 or 6 teams ranked and 3 or 4 in the top 10.

Manly some of those are ranked because they haven't had anyone on their schedule.

GA is down. TN is down. LSU isn't what it has been. And Florida is a shadow of what they were.

Bullshit, you'll see come bowl time.
I chose the coaches poll. The AP is chock full of toe fu eating USC fans.

Fact Notre Dame was top ten when LSU beat them down
Fact Miami was top ten when LSU beat them down
fact GA tech was highly ranked when we beat them down and so was OSU
None are but shadows of themselves.

LSU is no 9, and everybody beside Fl and bama better watch out. LOL

Bullshit, you'll see come bowl time.
I chose the coaches poll. The AP is chock full of toe fu eating USC fans.

Fact Notre Dame was top ten when LSU beat them down
Fact Miami was top ten when LSU beat them down
fact GA tech was highly ranked when we beat them down and so was OSU
None are but shadows of themselves.

LSU is no 9, and everybody beside Fl and bama better watch out. LOL

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but LSU will probably lose to Alabama, Florida, Auburn and Arkansas. LSU has a solid defense but your offense is shaky at best.

And just as an FYI, I was talking about the SEC being down THIS year.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but LSU will probably lose to Alabama, Florida, Auburn and Arkansas. LSU has a solid defense but your offense is shaky at best.

And just as an FYI, I was talking about the SEC being down THIS year.

thanks Genius, next your gonna tell me it's going to be dark tonight.

I don't call no1 and 3 in the top 9 being down. How many conferences have 2 in the top ten? Only the SEC has 3
We have won the majority of the crystals and have a better than average shot this year.

thanks Genius, next your gonna tell me it's going to be dark tonight.

I don't call no1 and 3 in the top 9 being down. How many conferences have 2 in the top ten? Only the SEC has 3
We have won the majority of the crystals and have a better than average shot this year.

You're welcome. But when I say the conference is down this year, and you respond with shit that happened years ago, it doesn't make much sense.

And in most years Bama, Auburn, LSU, FL, TN, GA, and Ark are ranked. We usually don't have so many teams with losing records. GA is 1-4 & Ole Miss lost to JSU and Vandy. Typically we dominate our nonconference games. This year there have been struggles just to win them.

the SEC will likely dominate the top 15 again, most eperts don't base a conf success on the lower performance of the bottom rung.

the SEC will likely dominate the top 15 again, most eperts don't base a conf success on the lower performance of the bottom rung.

Thats not what I am saying either. But you cannot possibly believe that LSU and Florida have not slipped. Neither of them is as good as they have been. Auburn may be as good, or they may not. The rest of teh conference, with the exception of Alabama, is off their game.

Teams that have traditionally been powerhouses are down. And no one has gotten better.

Florida is better than Bama was when Fla was winning.
Auburn is doing a lot better.
Still there is no sane argument that has another conf better.
I don't care to split hairs that the gap is smaller.

roll tide, roll tide, around the whole and down the bowl.

Florida is better than Bama was when Fla was winning.
Auburn is doing a lot better.
Still there is no sane argument that has another conf better.
I don't care to split hairs that the gap is smaller.

roll tide, roll tide, around the whole and down the bowl.

More "Back when" stuff? Thanks, but doesn't have anything to do with what I said.

And I have not said any other conference is better than the SEC. I said the SEC is having a down year. Your arguments that SEC teams have done shit in past seasons doesn't address that at all.

down vs the past references the past by nature. Damm
The SEC is the top conf this year let's leave it at that.
around the bowl and down the hole.

Herbie last week called the Pac 10 the top conference. However it is still early in the season with lots of football left to be played.

There's no doubt Alabama is the clear number one. They have played the best and as defending champs should be number one until someone knocks them off.

WB is right. The SEC is down compared to the last few years. The Big 10 is better than it has been over the past few years. However you want to rank it the SEC is still one of the top two conferences however.

Again this is purely projection because there are so many games left to be played but if all stay undefeated I wonder if Oregon can jump Ohio State. I don't think the past is suppose to play a role but Oregon did lose to Ohio State (as well as Boise St) last year. That has to be in voters minds.

And yes Topspin when they judge/rank conferences they do look from top to bottom.

Last edited:

Down compared to what they have been in other years. Florida is not as good as they have been. TN is not as good. GA is not even close to as good. ole Miss is not as good. LSU is not as good. Bama is doing good and Arkansas is about the same. And the rest suck most years.

So how is that not the same as the SEC being down this year?

The best news for Georgia is that none of their players or sports admin people were arrested this week.

Back