APP - What if?

canceled.2021.3

Former Vice President
So this Donald Trump criticizing Jeff Sessions thing is pretty interesting. It makes me wonder if Trump is just pulling a fast one to keep the media breathless while he sets about enacting his agenda.

Of course maybe he really is dissatisfied with Sessions, but I am skeptical. Here is why. Why wait until now to criticize Sessions for recusing himself? Trump isn't exactly known for his restraint. Why not criticize Sessions right when he did it if it really bothered him that much.

Maybe Sessions is in on the gag. Think about this. Within six months Jeff Sessions went from being Hitler to sympathetic victim in the eyes of the never trumpers and some lefties. I suspect that if Sessions is not fired within the next two weeks and there is a new "kerfuffle" that this was all a big ruse to distract the easily distracted with something shiny.

Let's not forget that Trump was a reality TV star. Reality TV is good at one thing and that is creating drama to gain ratings

If Sessions is fired within the next two weeks then I am completely wrong. But, it is just an alternate theory as I don't like going along with conventional wisdom

I have said multiple times on this forum that the whole trump v. sessions thing recently had a weird vibe to me. Seemed very attention seeking and done with a purposeful goal or as a distraction.

I have said multiple times on this forum that the whole trump v. sessions thing recently had a weird vibe to me. Seemed very attention seeking and done with a purposeful goal or as a distraction.

I think you are right. It seems to obvious to me. I think Trump has realized that lefties and the media are like five year olds with ADHD. "Hey look something shiny" and they breathlessly run from tweet after tweet trying to see when his administration is going to implode.

Back