What is it?

What is it?

• Total voters
you have to love the simpleton southerners that can't learn the names of a half dozen soft drinks. So they just call EVERYTHING coke. It's probably because their tiny brains can only handle so much information, or learn only a certain amount of words. 7up? That's a coke. Lemonade in a can? Coke. Grapecherry root beer? Coke.

I think this small example pretty much sums up the south perfectly.

Last edited:

The map is amazing. The statistically stupidest parts of the nation, coincidently just HAPPEN to call every soda by just one brand name. LOLOLOL.

The most liberal, statistically smartest and intelligent, elite areas, call it soda. This makes sense. California, New england, and the liberal parts of florida (miami).

Pop nations are the second tier. Not as dumb as southerners that call lemonade in a can coke, but not as amazing as new england and california either.

The map is amazing. The statistically stupidest parts of the nation, coincidently just HAPPEN to call every soda by just one brand name. LOLOLOL.

The most liberal, statistically smartest and intelligent, elite areas, call it soda. This makes sense. California, New england, and the liberal parts of florida (miami).

Pop nations are the second tier. Not as dumb as southerners that call lemonade in a can coke, but not as amazing as new england and california either.

:(

6a00e554d9fb9988330120a5563047970c-pi

Soda is urban (see how the use of Soda seems to radiate from St. Louis and Chicago?), pop is (mostly) northern rural, and coke is southern. Soda and pop are the biggest and about equal, coke takes the third spot with about half the usage of either.

Interesting, thanks, we call it coke here in this household because it was the only thing my mother consumed, so all soda was coke!

you have to love the simpleton southerners that can't learn the names of a half dozen soft drinks. So they just call EVERYTHING coke. It's probably because their tiny brains can only handle so much information, or learn only a certain amount of words. 7up? That's a coke. Lemonade in a can? Coke. Grapecherry root beer? Coke.

I think this small example pretty much sums up the south perfectly.

I am a mid-Western Kansas girl and it was coke to us, too, the best soda there is!

They apparently call it pop in Jackson. That's... weird. I've never heard anyone call it pop down here. Common usage is "coke", but you do occasionally hear soda (people acting in an official capacity are more likely to call it "soda" because "soda" is unambiguous). You never heard pop, unless it's a foreigner.

Personally, I think soda makes the most sense. Where the hell does "pop" come from anyway? The sound of the CO2 releasing from the can when it is opened? At any rate, whenever I use the word "soda" in these parts I receive nothing but scorn and contempt, so I play it safe with "pop."

Back