APP - What pretzel will John Roberts twist himself into now?

canceled.2021.1

#AMERICAISDEAD
So we had a great ruling by Judge O'Connor essentially making Obamacare unconstitutional. He did not file an injunction so it is allowed to proceed as it winds its way to the Supreme Court. But, the question is how will the court rule?

Some and I count myself among one of them, believe that the five who saved Obamacare will do so again with John Roberts betraying the country and his duty. Let's first review how Roberts created law from the bench. In order for the creators of Obamacare to get it through, they long claimed that the individual mandate fine were a penalty and not a tax. Not one time did they argue before the court that it was a tax if you did not purchase Obamacare. But, somehow in his twisted ruling Roberts determined that it was a tax and not a penalty and that Obamacare couldn't not survive without the individual mandate. That was at the heart of Roberts ruling.

One of the key provisions of the tax cut passed by Congress and signed by President Trump was the elimination of the individual mandate, essentially stripping away the tax/penalty.

So the question is when this finally gets to Robert's desk, what does he do? If he is consistent with his prior ruling, he has no choice but to make ALL of Obamacare unconstitutional. Because the entire underpinning of his ruling is based on a provision that no longer exists in the law.

But, given that I now no longer trust Roberts to do the right thing, he will most assuredly make up some other "law" in order to save Obamacare.

Stay tuned

So we had a great ruling by Judge O'Connor essentially making Obamacare unconstitutional. He did not file an injunction so it is allowed to proceed as it winds its way to the Supreme Court. But, the question is how will the court rule?

Some and I count myself among one of them, believe that the five who saved Obamacare will do so again with John Roberts betraying the country and his duty. Let's first review how Roberts created law from the bench. In order for the creators of Obamacare to get it through, they long claimed that the individual mandate fine were a penalty and not a tax. Not one time did they argue before the court that it was a tax if you did not purchase Obamacare. But, somehow in his twisted ruling Roberts determined that it was a tax and not a penalty and that Obamacare couldn't not survive without the individual mandate. That was at the heart of Roberts ruling.

One of the key provisions of the tax cut passed by Congress and signed by President Trump was the elimination of the individual mandate, essentially stripping away the tax/penalty.

So the question is when this finally gets to Robert's desk, what does he do? If he is consistent with his prior ruling, he has no choice but to make ALL of Obamacare unconstitutional. Because the entire underpinning of his ruling is based on a provision that no longer exists in the law.

But, given that I now no longer trust Roberts to do the right thing, he will most assuredly make up some other "law" in order to save Obamacare.

Stay tuned

Roberts didn't actually make a ruling, he rewrote the Fed argument and then ruled in favor of his own argument. Yeah, I think the fix might be in when SCOTUS gets this again.

Roberts didn't actually make a ruling, he rewrote the Fed argument and then ruled in favor of his own argument. Yeah, I think the fix might be in when SCOTUS gets this again.

Fair point. We will definitely get to see what kind of jurist Roberts really is. Will he be more interested in saving face or doing the right thing by the law?

What has astounded me over the years is the number of disappointments from republican nominated Justices. It is sickening when you think about it. Leftists never have that problem. They never have a leftist be a turncoat on the Court.

Fair point. We will definitely get to see what kind of jurist Roberts really is. Will he be more interested in saving face or doing the right thing by the law?

What has astounded me over the years is the number of disappointments from republican nominated Justices. It is sickening when you think about it. Leftists never have that problem. They never have a leftist be a turncoat on the Court.

I've always thought the Dems and GOP are on the same team. I'm not surprised by the GOP's inability at all because I think they do it on purpose.

Back