What the evidence indicates

Legion

Oderint dum metuant
iu

WHITE LIBERALS ARE MASOCHISTS

"What's most amazing is how much our black and white racial paradigm -- victim vs. victimizer, the patron and the patronized -- still prevails. And yet it's an outdated script, reducing Asians, Latinos and the growing number of multiracial Americans either to bit players in our national drama or a vast army of victims (an identity most non-white Americans viscerally reject).

But many of us cling to the paradigm, because we have no other way of envisioning racial relationships. I know that I myself clung way too long to a black-white, good-evil motif, obsessed with the possibility of racial retribution and redemption more than justice.

I was a type, a stereotype even, and a walking paradox: a civil rights do-gooder motivated by racial animus against my group -- in short, a self-hating white person. Not all Caucasians in the struggle are the same, but over the years I ran across a lot of me. And the fact that mixed-up white folk are the most likely to get involved with civil rights work results in a deformed political culture, one in which there is little white participation in our national conversation about race beyond the masochistic piety of guilty cultists on the left.

It took me a long time to come to terms with this, but after an adulthood spent believing I was part of the solution to racial strife, I finally came to admit I was part of the problem.

https://www.salon.com/2000/02/17/guilty/

After all,

A few years ago ,I meet someone who introduced me to BDSM. My first encounter, I thought it would be about how much pain, one could stand. But I soon learned the secret to BDSM. It's not about pain! But that fine line between pain, and a type of ecstasy I had never experienced! Sure there was pain, humiliation, submission, all of which I gladly with stood. To reach that ecstasy! For a year, I couldn't wait to heal from when encounter, so I could have another. During the beating one side of your brain wanted the beating to stop. The other side wanted it never to stop! It also taught one to trust your dominate completely to give you pain, but not to hurt you.

iu

WHITE LIBERALS ARE MASOCHISTS

"What's most amazing is how much our black and white racial paradigm -- victim vs. victimizer, the patron and the patronized -- still prevails. And yet it's an outdated script, reducing Asians, Latinos and the growing number of multiracial Americans either to bit players in our national drama or a vast army of victims (an identity most non-white Americans viscerally reject).

But many of us cling to the paradigm, because we have no other way of envisioning racial relationships. I know that I myself clung way too long to a black-white, good-evil motif, obsessed with the possibility of racial retribution and redemption more than justice.

I was a type, a stereotype even, and a walking paradox: a civil rights do-gooder motivated by racial animus against my group -- in short, a self-hating white person. Not all Caucasians in the struggle are the same, but over the years I ran across a lot of me. And the fact that mixed-up white folk are the most likely to get involved with civil rights work results in a deformed political culture, one in which there is little white participation in our national conversation about race beyond the masochistic piety of guilty cultists on the left.

It took me a long time to come to terms with this, but after an adulthood spent believing I was part of the solution to racial strife, I finally came to admit I was part of the problem.

https://www.salon.com/2000/02/17/guilty/

After all,

White leftists are worse thing to happen to America. They are useful idiots.

Back