What the Space Shuttle booster saw

tom, you are an anal dickweed, but that is absolutely the best thread you've created.

thanks. truly awesome. i watched the entire video.

The thing I find the most puzzling is how those three attachment pylons hold the External Tank to the Space Shuttle? They are taking the whole weight of a shuttle which is around 65 tonnes plus all the stresses and strains of takeoff and rapid acceleration. Look at video no. 7 at 0:39 seconds to see what I mean. Here is a chance for somebody to explain using their engineering knowledge. The same thing goes for the bolts holding the SRBs to the External Tank.

http://wn.com/Space_Shuttle_external_tank

Last edited:
Ahhh, bless. He's tried. But I have never come across 'Tap Natch' unless it has something to do with dancing Nachos.
So for the Pres and anyone else planning to improve their English, here is lesson number one. This will be enough to get you just about anywhere!
It's about pronunciation.

First practice saying the word 'Air' (try not to sound the 'r')
Second say 'hair' (as most have upon their heads)
and Finally 'Lair' (in which a wild beast might live)

Now - put them all together and use as a greeting, thus: 'Air, Hair Lair'. You will be a wow at Henley, you will be invited into the Royal Box at Ascot and possibly beaten to a pulp in Islington.

Back