What To Eat When You Are In Philly...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Everybody, including Presidential candidates, are always on about the Philly Cheesesteak... whether you get it with Whiz or what all...

But I'm telling ya... What you want to eat when you are next in Philly is the Roast Pork sandwich at Dinic's...

OMFG!!!

That kicks some Cheesesteak butt and then some.

So, ignore the cliche, and eat you some pork not whiz on beef.

i was trying to figure out what chliche was and that if it was some type of mexican dish, before i realized you spelled cliche wrong.

cheesestake owns. I was in the heart of philly last year and I ended up not getting one because i was distracted with other things :(

i was trying to figure out what chliche was and that if it was some type of mexican dish, before i realized you spelled cliche wrong.

cheesestake owns. I was in the heart of philly last year and I ended up not getting one because i was distracted with other things :(

lol.....and I suppose "cheesetake" is something you use to kill lactose intolerant vampires?......

LOL. How did I not notice the extra "H"? Probably because it just warn't that important... BTW... stake is a pointy stick, steak is meat.

You didn't miss anything. Mike, Krissy, and I stopped their after Boston. Waited an hour for a cheese steak from some real famous place. Wasted $9 a sandwich for something that was only worth $3.

For the price you'd pay, in both monetary value and shame, wouldn't it be more economical and empowering to squirt your cheese on a crack-addled Philadelphia triangle rather than placing it atop a fine cut of steak?

For the price you'd pay, in both monetary value and shame, wouldn't it be more economical and empowering to squirt your cheese on a crack-addled Philadelphia triangle rather than placing it atop a fine cut of steak?

That was very Krafty! Only Americans could invent spray-on cheese. If you look up American Cheese on Wiki they have this appealing photo of the said culinary delight. Apparently the plastic is supposed to preserve the flavour although there are some unkind souls who say that you should throw away the cheese and eat the plastic instead.

250px-Wrapped_American_cheese_slices.jpg

Last edited:
That was very Krafty! Only Americans could invent spray-on cheese. If you look up American Cheese on Wiki they have this appealing photo of the said culinary delight. Apparently the plastic is supposed to preserve the flavour although there are some unkind souls who say that you should throw away the cheese and eat the plastic instead.

I only eat extra sharp cheese, so its not an issue for me.

"American cheese" is not really cheese.

Everybody, including Presidential candidates, are always on about the Philly Cheesesteak... whether you get it with Whiz or what all...

But I'm telling ya... What you want to eat when you are next in Philly is the Roast Pork sandwich at Dinic's...

OMFG!!!

That kicks some Cheesesteak butt and then some.

So, ignore the cliche, and eat you some pork not whiz on beef.

They do some pretty seriously good roast pork in the Carolina's too.

Apparently it used to contain some real cheese but some bright spark decided to remove it altogether.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_cheese

Further proof, if proof was necesssary that our 'colonial' friends are not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

I have decided to open an 'American Cheese' factory to produce the stuff in rolls and strips to be used as draught excluders and bathroom sealants. It would have taken two lifetimes for a yank to come up with an idea as good as that.

Back