What words, insults etc are acceptable?

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
some here get really upset over certain words when used in non-insultive manner and others get upset over certain words used in a derogatory manner.

for example:

fag - if you use this you are homophobe, yet the word has little to do with being a homosexual now

pussy - you hate women, yet, the word has nothing to do with women

cunt - horrible word in the USA, but in england, totally cool.

douchebag - another reference to women, but totally cool, yet pussy isn't.

what words are acceptable and what words are acceptable to insult with so that one can use them without being accused of being "insensitive"? odd...given they are not meant to be sensitive.

um douchebag is not a "reference to women", it's actually used more on guys. anyone can be a douchebag though.

some here get really upset over certain words when used in non-insultive manner and others get upset over certain words used in a derogatory manner.

for example:

fag - if you use this you are homophobe, yet the word has little to do with being a homosexual now

what words are acceptable and what words are acceptable to insult with so that one can use them without being accused of being "insensitive"? odd...given they are not meant to be sensitive.

You are wrong about c***. That, I would suggest is unacceptable anywhere. The fourth of your sample is offensive but, thankfully, is used almost solely in America.
It's about respecting people. People who do not respect others cannot respect themselves. 'fag' is uniquely American, too.

You are wrong about c***. That, I would suggest is unacceptable anywhere. The fourth of your sample is offensive but, thankfully, is used almost solely in America.
It's about respecting people. People who do not respect others cannot respect themselves. 'fag' is uniquely American, too.

According to most of the Brits who actually live in Britlandia, c*** isn't a big thang...

I think the word "boobies" is acceptable.

As for insults, how about we limit it to "moron", "lint-chewer", and "poo-poo head"?

There is no real difference between fag and faggot, they are both pejorative words for homosexual

fag is perjorative for homosexual in england? are you now bowing to american english?

Faggot was always a pejorative for homosexual, fag was slang for a cigarette. If you said "can I bum a fag" in England it mean't that you wanted to cadge a cigarette.

Faggot was always a pejorative for homosexual, fag was slang for a cigarette. If you said "can I bum a fag" in England it mean't that you wanted to cadge a cigarette.

i know that...that is why i was surprised when you said:

There is no real difference between fag and faggot, they are both pejorative words for homosexual

the only way it became pejorative is through beautiful american english. :D

for example:

In all honesty, none are acceptable.
Even if we use them towards our friends, they are still insultive. It's just that our friends don't usually take the same offense as a stranger would or does.

Back