What's it like to feel proud of your country?

The military-industrial complex (the true deep state, of which Trump and Kelly are the primary representatives) finds it necessary to engage in incessant hero worship and flattery of troops. Giving them false honors for fighting endless pointless wars of aggression in foreign lands is necessary to justify paying them a crap salary to endlessly sacrifice themselves over nothing.

There used to be a song in WWI, "I Didn't Raise My Boy to be a Soldier". People knew that being an enlisted man wasn't a desirable job, you were cannon fodder that the officers like Kelly sent into the meat grinder to die in order to gain their own glory. We have lost all realistic perspective on this issue, if that song were released today it would be seen as treasonous.

I like the this country for owning black slaves. That was an awesome time. Black folk knew their place.

That is so what the sycophant believes.

BAC would be nothing but a negro. He would not be allowed to talk, let alone, own a computer to make his rants.

BAC wants to be a slave, but the fact is, he never was.

I like the this country for owning black slaves. That was an awesome time. Black folk knew their place.

BAC would be nothing but a negro. He would not be allowed to talk, let alone, own a computer to make his rants.

I'm sure someone like Legion Troll will cherry pick my post.

For the record, our countrys history of slavery is appalling.

The military-industrial complex (the true deep state, of which Trump and Kelly are the primary representatives) finds it necessary to engage in incessant hero worship and flattery of troops. Giving them false honors for fighting endless pointless wars of aggression in foreign lands is necessary to justify paying them a crap salary to endlessly sacrifice themselves over nothing.

There used to be a song in WWI, "I Didn't Raise My Boy to be a Soldier". People knew that being an enlisted man wasn't a desirable job, you were cannon fodder that the officers like Kelly sent into the meat grinder to die in order to gain their own glory. We have lost all realistic perspective on this issue, if that song were released today it would be seen as treasonous.

We're glad you never joined if you despise our military so much (not that you could handle it, anyway).
So then, you'd rather be speaking Japanese or German?

I don't know that he wants to be one just benefit from programs that have been proposed or put in place where the existence of slavery is the justification for their creation. How many times has something to the effect of 'your family wasn't torn apart or held in bondage for hundreds of years' been used to justify affirmative action? How many times has there been a push for reparations where taxpayers that didn't own slaves, and in many cases didn't have family in the country until long after slavery was ended, would be required to compensate people that never were slaves? BAC supports both of those. However, if someone addressed with him that using race as a factor to benefit someone through affirmative action is no different than using race to deny someone, he plays the race card and uses the 'good for the goose is good for the gander' claim. If someone points out that Walter Williams, a black man, says this: https://www.creators.com/read/walter-williams/09/17/the-welfare-states-legacy, he considers Williams an Uncle Tom.

I'm proud of the country ... not so much of it's people leading it and their followers.

But I'm optimistic in some areas and where I'm not, I'm more than prepared to handle it.

I truly believe Good triumphs over Evil eventually, but Evil never goes quietly and sometimes you have to show it the door, followed by a foot!

... and if it comes back unannounced, a Hydra Shok to the forehead is more than adiquate.

;)

Back