What's your bucket list. ?

Bulletbob

Verified User
I have been lucky and done a lot of things I want to.
I traveled a lot when young mostly in the us but some overseas.

My buck list is short .

I want to go on a African Safari for plains game a 8 day hunt with 7 or 8 trophy's and eat some of each. Sadly you cant bring game meat back from Africa.
The hunt I want is within my finical means with travel expenses tips and trophy and mounting fees about 17,000.00 but my health is the issue.
I have not ruled it out yet. I would also like to include a cape buffalo into that hunt another 11000.00 BUT I would also have to buy a rifle suitable for such dangerous game.
I wont hunt anything I don't eat by the way. And all meat from the hunt would go to the professional hunters staff and or locals. Nothing would be wasted.

Take off in a fighter jet from a aircraft carrier. Not going to happen lol.

go blue fin tuna fishing and catch a 300 lb or bigger fish.

Big horn sheep hunt . not going to happen health is to bad for that kind of hunt.

See the entire Smithsonian museum.

Of my bucket list the African hunt is my number on pick .

Whats yours

I've designed/ built my own home. Restored my old big block 60's car. Owned a Jaguar, a Corvette and a Porsche. Missed on on a Rolls. Next on my list is to build a kit car. I'm thinking of a Factory Five.

I've designed/ built my own home. Restored my old big block 60's car. Owned a Jaguar, a Corvette and a Porsche. Missed on on a Rolls. Next on my list is to build a kit car. I'm thinking of a Factory Five.

Go with a Unique Motorcars kit. Built in and backed from Gadsden AL. Kits come in stages for the advanced builders to complete turn-key cars.

http://uniquemotorcars.com/

Go with a Unique Motorcars kit. Built in and backed from Gadsden AL. Kits come in stages for the advanced builders to complete turn-key cars.

http://uniquemotorcars.com/

Meh. I like this better:
A2-CAM10002.jpg

I looked at the Daytona Coupe, but the AC just looks cooler and will dust the coupe in the straights.

I like a closed car that can turn. Probably opt for a straight 6 engine, a five speed and IRS. The FFR space frame chassis is on its third generation. Plus, Cobras are becoming as common as Camaros.

I like a closed car that can turn. Probably opt for a straight 6 engine, a five speed and IRS. The FFR space frame chassis is on its third generation. Plus, Cobras are becoming as common as Camaros.

Believe me, the AC can turn. I spent 2 years researching and looking before I bought one. Having no top surely sucks in a pouring rain. FFR's quality has risen quite a bit over the years.
There are 4 that I know of around here, two are very rarely driven. Mine has a big block at the machine shop. The clutch exploded, made one hell of a mess. The bolts were sheared off
the flywheel, the pressure plate was twisted and torn, knocked the nose off the starter and springs were sticking out of the hole. Wiped out the blow-proof bell, but it saved my legs and
the car. I'm waiting to see if it needs line bored. I need the bore & bearing dia. to order a rotating assy. I'm hoping to get it back together for car show season.

My brother has an 818S from Factory 5. It's a nice quick fun car. I would never own one because it's not a V8 but the fit and finish on that car is very nice.

Believe me, the AC can turn. I spent 2 years researching and looking before I bought one. Having no top surely sucks in a pouring rain. FFR's quality has risen quite a bit over the years.
There are 4 that I know of around here, two are very rarely driven. Mine has a big block at the machine shop. The clutch exploded, made one hell of a mess. The bolts were sheared off
the flywheel, the pressure plate was twisted and torn, knocked the nose off the starter and springs were sticking out of the hole. Wiped out the blow-proof bell, but it saved my legs and
the car. I'm waiting to see if it needs line bored. I need the bore & bearing dia. to order a rotating assy. I'm hoping to get it back together for car show season.

I've got over $10k into my 390 FE motor, roller everything, RV roller cam, extruded pistons, EFI, oiling improvements. But it has the original crank and rods. A smooth cruiser. For a light sports car, I prefer a high RPM 4 or 6.

I've got over $10k into my 390 FE motor, roller everything, RV roller cam, extruded pistons, EFI, oiling improvements. But it has the original crank and rods. A smooth cruiser. For a light sports car, I prefer a high RPM 4 or 6.

I'm thinking I'm going with a solid flat tappet cam, much less maintenance (adjusting valves, checking for lash, etc.). How big depends on the valvetrain and springs. I'll probably go with a complete SCAT rotating assy, internally balanced.

Honestly there is not on damn thing left on my list of things I have to do. The last thing I crossed off was "Write my memoirs of my forging" for my kids. They have almost no family to tell them, my dad died before they were born, one of my two brothers died before they were born, and by the time they knew her mom was wrecked by losing a husband and a son, resentments that went back to her earliest memories and worked on breaking her down like cancer over her lifetime, and pain.

As for want to do I dont have a list anymore, I dont live that way anymore, I live in the moment now.

I'm thinking I'm going with a solid flat tappet cam, much less maintenance (adjusting valves, checking for lash, etc.). How big depends on the valvetrain and springs. I'll probably go with a complete SCAT rotating assy, internally balanced.

Put down the third bourbon. Solid tappets need periodic adjustment.

My '74 Fiat 124 Spider has solid tappets, overhead cam and shims. It's like working on my old Kawasaki from that era.

Back